1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus, Ohio.. for the love of VF

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by maddy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

So we're finally hammering out the date for this thing. Cozby, PurpGuy, et al., what do you think of these dates?

July 24th
    July 31st
    August 21st
    August 28th

I don't expect everyone to be able to magically make it to any specific date, but I'm trying to accommodate as many players as possible, as this tournament will be unique and not include SF4, instead focusing on less popular games. Because of Columbus' history, we want VF to be a spotlight game. Thanks guys!

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Wow man, no sf4, that's pretty ballsy eh? Definitely sounds like ALOT of fun. I would say schedule as late as possible.

I wonder who else would come for VF? I might have to get my practice on.

3. Dandy_J

Been talking to a few other people too, leaning more and more towards late August, thanks for the input! Maddy, Leejang, and SH_ will be there with few others as well. It will be small I'm sure (hey it's vf) but the competition will not disappoint.

4. Dandy_J

5. Dullyanna

Dullyanna Member

I'll most likely have the money for this, so hopefully I can make this and get my ass handed to me in pieces in offline VF5.

Also lol@vuvuzuela rules.

6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

There is about a 30% chance that I could be there on July 24th, the other dates are out. But with a little luck, I'll be there, and bring Darth Kage, Sugi_Pai, and Nurse_betty with me from Youngstown Ohio (no promises) but we'll try to be there if its on July 24th. I would like to see Maddy and Akai again.

7. Dandy_J

Thanks for the interest guys. Masterpo, the date is confirmed August 21st 100%, no going back now!

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I'm gonna need a lift or two.

HELP

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I'm looking into this.

10. Dandy_J

*yawn* *hits the snooze button*

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    :p. I will be moving out of the Ohio area sometime this year, I will need to visit the C-bus crew sometime before that happen.

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Where are you moving? (Please say Dallas, please say Dallas, please say Dallas ...)

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Kansas City

14. Dandy_J

Oh no! Well, we still get together usually twice a week, just pick a date and people will surely be up for it.

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That's fairly close to Denver. Feel free to stop by CO anytime Akai [​IMG]

We should have a pretty heavy scene come FS release.

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    9-11 hours away from Dallas and Denver! Gotta love the midwest [​IMG]

17. Dandy_J

If anyone is going to Final Round I'll see you there...

18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    0_0 Have fun at the event! Are you participating in the other fighting game tournies at the event. I am stuck in Cleveland wrapping things up.

19. Dandy_J

Damn wish you could go! I was primarily going for kof13 but the VF announcement has given me an ulterior motive for going if you know what I mean. ;7)

20. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Anybody still play in/and around Columbus?

I just moved here about a month ago and now that things have settled a bit I'm looking to get back into playing.