1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Akira' started by SuperPanda, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Well both combo's Myke listed use [K][+][G][P] :p

[6][4][P][+][G] > EDC to back > [2][K][+][G][P] > (1fd) [2][P] > (1fd) > [K][+][G][P] looks like the input vs Jacky as lammas pointed out.

jimi Claymore and Myke like this.
  2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Pretty sure I've landed it with exact recovery on. The[2][P] refloat is so darn random though that it's hard to decipher a reliable method that works. Looks like I'll have to settle for the 72 pt combo then.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Can anyone consistently to apply 64P+G > 2K+G P > P > K+G P against mid weight whether by EC/EDC or 1FK or whatever method??

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Change that P into 2P and I can do it at least on Goh and Jacky, the only charas I've ever done it on.

From the top of my head for Goh ECD then hit 2K+G as late as possible then 1fk 2P, 1fk K+G,P

For Jacky ECD into 2K+G max speed.
    I don't remember which one but at least for the other you can also do max speed K~G, 2K+G,P, 1fk 2P, 1fk K+G,P but I don't remember which one, since it was actually harder for me to get the timing for that into my head.

EDIT: oh, and 1fk 2P is 11P+K+G and 1fk K+G is 66K+G

6. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

Well like Combo Says, you should change the P into 2P, the trick is connect the 2K+G when the mid weight character's face is parallel to the ground, to do that you have to delay the EDC
    Towards Opponents Back

on kage you can do this combo to get the idea

64P+G >full dash >2K+G P >11P+K+G > 66K+G P (little hard)

11 and 22 are for one frame delay or 1fk

do 2K+G when kage's body is parallel to the ground and kage will bounce

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    I was able to save an online replay a while back in which a player by the name of kamaage (the kamaage?) landed this perfectly. I meant to study the inputs but never did. Maybe time to fire up the PS3 again...

Myke and jimi Claymore like this.
  8. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    after checking the replay, it looks like these were the inputs used:

[6][4][P]+[G] > [2][K]+[G][P][G] > [6_][P][G] > [6][6][2][P][G] > [2_][4][6][P]

I was able to pull it off about 5 times in a few minutes, even being rusty as hell. I'll leave it to the pros to give this a proper test though.

p.s. I tried to re-upload the replay but the game won't let me.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  9. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Did you pull it off against Jacky? I've tried those inputs and it fails like 99% of the time.

10. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    yes, Jacky. Maybe I'm inadvertantly delaying my inputs which is making it work lol. Been almost a year since I've played.

11. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Also check that you are landing it while the NPC and perfect tech. When I try it under those turns it's almost impossible.

12. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    Can still get it with exact recovery on, but not consistenly. I don't know if the guy in the replay knows a trick to this or he just got lucky.

13. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    jimi Claymore likes this.
  14. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

after watching the beat tribe cup, I took notes of a couple of combos and I noticed that this combo vs Wolf isn't listed:
    [4][6][P] > [P] > [P] > [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P]
    I tested it in the dojo and it works in both stances and does 61 points of damage.

Myke likes this.
  15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Against Van: this could be the easiest damage without applying crazy knee after 46P.

[4][6][P] :

[6][6] (close the range) ► [2][K][+][G][P] ► 1FK [2][P][2_][4][6][P]

Myke likes this.
  16. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    @Feck @-BG- Missing categories from the Combo Page:
    (disclaimer LEo EIc, lowercase letters denotes stances if necessary)

[P][K] (CH on 2nd hit)

• [6][6][P] (44) EI~TA (timing can vary, like JN in closed [6][6][P] asap)
    • [2_][4][6][P] (51) EI~TA (inputs are obviously tighter on heavier characters)
    • [6][6][K][K] SAc PAc VAc GOc JNc JEc WOc (very range dependent, i.e. need to be close range)
    • DLC (64) EI~VA both stances LA~GO open only
    • ABC (64) EIo ELo AOo LA~GO timing is easy on mid-weights and super light-weights in open, for closed and unlisted light-weight, a slight delay is required before doing [2][K][+][G], actual Akira players can dig further
    • [2][K][+][G][P] [2_][4][6][P] (71) EIo ELo see the above note for "ABC" combo
    • [2][K][+][G][P] [2][P] [2_][4][6][P] (77) LA~GO probably works on lighter characters
    [4][P][P][+][K] (CH on 2nd hit)
    • [3][3][P][+][K] (54) EI~TA
    • [6][6][K][K] (64) TA only the first hit lands on every other character for 50 damage
    • [2_][4][6][P] (57) JEo TAo
    • [K][+][G][P] (62) EI~WO
    • [2_][6][P][P] (66/52*) EI EL AO SAc/o* PA LI VA LAo/c* KA LE* BR GOo/c* AKc/o* JA* JN JE WOo/c* TA* *= 2nd hit will whiff, damage is only 52
    • [2][P] [2_][4][6][P] (63) EI AO LIo BRo
    • [2][P] [2_][6][P][P] (72) EI EL AO SA LI VA
    • [2][P] DLC (76) EI EL AO SAc VA
    • [2][P] [3][K][+][G][P][+][K] (67) EI EL AO SA LI VA

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Feck and Dreamboat like this.