1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combo with delays

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by MakiLeSushi, Apr 28, 2015.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi all,

I found a way to remove delays on combos, about my char (vanessa) i can succeed all combos without delays (even the hardests). i would try to other chars to see if this rule is applied to all cast or only on van. but not combos with delay immediatly after the launcher
    U substitute a max damage combo because of a delay by another one, please put this combo on this thread and i ll test my method, if i succeed i ll do a feed back on how to do it in the point that everybody can use max dmg combos anytime (even with lag)
    Ty all

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well, you may try this one with wolf:
    [3][3][P][+][K] - delay - [6_][P] > [1][P][+][K] > screw hook or [P] > [6][6][K][+][G]

For some characters like Vanessa and Sarah you need that delay and the timing changes. I'm kinda curious to know that this method is. Usually to get the timing right i do an evade canceled into a dash but if your method is easier I'll use that.

3. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    my bad i didn t mention not combos with delays immediatly after launcher, coz for this kind of combo there is only one solution buff with 33 or ecd sry @Mister do u have another one? I think u got one with ur k+gk in the end, don t u?
    i ll edit my 1st post

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    You should mention that by "delay", you mean 1 frame delay with 33

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

If is a 1f delay I already know how to use that in my combos :p
    Most of those tricks are already listed in the wolf combo section. however I'm still failing to see when and where maki is applying this "method". @MakiLeSushi could you please show me an example with vanessa? Thanks

6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok vs eileen: wsp (ch) > wsp > P > 4p+k > 6pkk. Normally u have a delay on 6pkk but i can remove it. Try it @Mister without delay and make me ur feed back pls

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've got plenty of those, if I understand what you mean.

Try Goh vs Jacky

3KP, 46P, 2P, 46P+KP6P

The 2nd hit in the 3 hit string needs to be delayed to produce a ground bounce.

8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    i test it this evening and i ll make u a feed back

9. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Sorry i tried but with a pad i m not able to succeed that combo, but what about the same combo but 3p instead of 46p? There is a delay too?

10. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Guys, combos with 1 frame delay by buffering 33 during the combos, but not immediately after the launcher. Like for Aoi :
    [2_][3][P][+][K] CH [P] > [2][K][P] > 1 fr delay [K][P][K]

Close stance vs Lion, Eileen, Aoi

Maki has a technic to avoid using 33 for the delay.

11. Mister

Ok but what's the technic?

12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I tried even the goh s combo (the second with 3p) and it works i can conclude that in vf5fs there s a kind of rule about combo with delays. I don t say it is easier after results testing but for van it is and i m sure for some other chars it is too, i ll let u check.
    The rule: a combo ending with a string delay can be removed by replacing that delay with delaying another move, an easirr one of course... exemple kingo's combo 323p+kp > 2kp > 33 kpk. The delay is the first k of kpk string. But u can replace that delay on the 2kp to avoid the last one. So the input could be [3][2][3][P][+][K][P] > [6]/[4][2][K][P] > [K][P][K].
    I tested it i find it easier to input. Kingo s feed back is both is good it s a question of habits so aoi s players got now 2 ways to do this combo. Choose the easiest one for u...
    Goh s combo is on the same principe. The string at the end have to be delayed. So u can input instead of the basic combo [3][K][P] > [6]/[1][3][P] > [2][P] > [4][6][P][+][K][P][6][P].
    I notice also that any move could replace the string with delay not only the previous one like for goh s combo.
    I hope it will be helpful for u guies :)

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So what you're saying is that for combos that require a 1f delay, the theory is that you can insert the 1f delay anywhere after the launcher? Maybe this works in some cases, but I don't think I'm convinced! :)

For example, the following Kage combo versus Lion:

(open stance) [2_][3][P] CH > [2][P][+][K] > [4][P] > [2][P] > (1f delay) [K][P][K] (86 pts)

The final [K][P][K] requires a 1f delay (entered as [3][3][5][K]).

I'm pretty sure I've tried to insert the delay on the [2][P] and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I'm with Myke, I don't think this is universal. But its an interesting find for Vanessa.

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    In fact it is not only for 1f delay with [3][3], exemple for van when u do vs aoi ws[P](ch) > ws[P] > [P] > [4][P][+][K] > [6][P][K][K] the first [K] of [6][P][K][K] have to be delayed and u can t input [3][3] in the middle of the string but if u input [4][4][P][+][K] (which is easier) the delay of[6][P][K][K] is removed.

It s not only for van, i gave 2 exemples earlier with Goh and Aoi.
    For sure there is some conditions and since i discovered it few days ago i didn t check all the aspect but i m convinced that it is appliable for all the cast.
    For Van i noticed that this method is impossible vs Blaze and i don t know why...
    Another thing i noticed, u can replace the initial delay by another move delayed in condition to be delayable.
    @Myke s combo is a perfect exemple, i tried it like during an hour every possibilities, but it s simple with this combo, the combo is [3][3][P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][P] > [2][P] > [K][P][K] all moves of this combo are in, what i called, "last frame" it means that it is not delayable, let me explain, if u delay [2][P][+][K] then [4][P] will whiff, if u delay [4][P] then [2][P] turn in green combo and the [2][P] isn t delayable coz it turns green also so as pana said u have to take all the move before [K][P][K] as a block undelayable if u want to connect the [K] of [K][P][K] which IS delayable. So for this kind of combo the method doesn t work.
    Another example i tried few minutes ago with wolf. I asked @Mister to test it and i m waiting for his feed back.
    Wolf's combo vs aoi, [3][3][P][+][K] >[6][P][+][K] > [2][P] > [6][2][4][P][P] to succeed this combo u have to delay the [2][P] by inputing [3][3][P][+][K][+][G]
    But, if after [3][3][P][+][K] > u dash with [3][3] and input [6][P][+][K] the delay of [2][P] will be removed because [6][P][+][K] is largely delayable that s the reason why the method connects. I m not sayin this way it s easier for wolf just to show that it works

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  16. Mister

The delay after the launcher (33P+K) is more than 1fk, so yeah you use 33 as delay before inputhing the 2P but in this case the combo becomes inconsistent. However this is not the point of the topic so I'll just say that the method applies also to this combo. Altought I'm not sure it's perfect science since it's not a 1fk anymore.

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    No, it s simplier than u think. It s not about that kind of balance fr for fr... it s just delay for delay. Vanessa ds vs goh for exemple, combo [3][P][+][K] > [2][P][+][K] >[P]>[6][P][K][K]
    U have to 1f delay the 1st [K] of [6][P][K][K] but if u dash (not microdash not buff) before the [P] the delay will be removed. Delay for delay and a dash is more than 1f.

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok, i finally found a combo which prove that my theory about combos with delays is real.
    Van vs wolf close stance.
    The original combo is:
    [3][P][+][K]>[2][P][+][K]>[4][P][+][K]>[P]1fk> [K][K]
    In this combo u can put the 1fk wherever u want in this way:
    After 3p+k buff 66 then 2p+k or
    After 2p+k buff 66 then 4p+k or
    The original combo with 1fk p (33_6p+k+g)
    Or after p buff 33 then kk
    If anyone could test and make a feed b1ck that would be nice =)