1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combos are cool

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Oct 23, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi again i just wanted to know ive been experimenting with the B,B+P combo starter and the B,B+K combo starter the problem is the B,B+K combo starter doesnt work in VF3TB i cant get another move off before the guy hits the ground. is this only for the arcade cause i heard there was a difference in float times. One more thing if you can list any combos used with the B,B+P combo it would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot you guys for responding to all my posts you have a great forum here.

"Without my pain i'm nothing"

2. Guest

Guest Guest

are u talking about Lion? If so then you must do b,b+K, P+K...to get a float combo. Most useful combo's from this are:

b,b+K> P+K> b,b+K> P+K
    b,b+K> P+K> f,f+KK
    b,b+K> P+K> b,b+K> g,u+P
    b,b+k> P+K> d+P> d,U+P

be warned that some of these are stance dependend.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

also another useful combo for Lion is f+K> d+P> d,U+P, infact this is pretty much the standard good damage combo for characters with a knee.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

b,b+P -- are you talking about Lau?

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Guest

Guest Guest

nope. i got a faq from virtua project i think and it said b,b+p as a combo starter. i kept trying it but it never worked.

"Without my pain i'm nothing"

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I would forget about b,b+P as a combo starter. I doubt it would float many opponents (must require a MC or something). b,b+K is much more reliable and I would definitely stick to that.

ice-9 | Sennin

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Ok - I'm confused

Which character are you referring to? ;)

Also, you got a FAQ from Virtua Project?

This might help in figuring out where you're going wrong.

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

8. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: Ok - I'm confused

Based on other posts by DreamKast... I'd say that the character in question here is Lion... However... the closest thing we have to FAQs on the Virtua Project are the counter charts... and on Lion's there is no b,b+P starter--plenty of b,b+K,P+Ks though. But, if you're talking about Lau... b,b+P is a combo starter for him.

DreamKast: if we've made any errors on the site please let us know... we want what we have online to be accurate...

cheers,
    kbcat

9. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that this is Lau's..... since he's the only one with a b,b+P starter, though I think the b,b+K move that is being refered to should in fact actually be b,b+K+G. /images/icons/smile.gif

DreamKast, I assume that the main reason why your b,b+K doesn't connect, is due to the slowness in which lau does/completes this move. Try changing it to b,b+K+G, and you'll be able to see the difference in timing. The slight, but substantial differences in float timings should not affect the individual moves as combo starters.

The usual variants for the b,b+K+G combo (Just to get you started. /images/icons/wink.gif) are :-
    b,b+K+G, d+P,PP,d+K. (Note the number of Ps involved after the b,b+K+G).
    b,b+K+G, d+K, stomp. (Not pounce.)

Have fun. /images/icons/smile.gif

While we're on the topic of combos, I would like to ask for Kage is, how does one do this ?

TFT, Runs toward till the opponent's head(?) is almost facing your characters back.
    P, P, b+P,
    then what happens is a TA+PPPK

I've tried a coupla times for Kage, but can't seem to get it off. Jeff, I think you've seen this combo before.
    It was one of Wu Meng's specialty combos. I suspect that its limited to a Ver. A or D Machine, but I'm not sure. Someone wanna give it a try ?
    Thanks.

10. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

This works on TB:

TFT> f+E> PPb+P> TT-PPPb+K

The PPPb+K is needed because both the PPb+PK and PPPK will whiff at the b+P and final kick part.

These is supposed to work on Aoi on DC but I haven't tested it yet:

TFT> f+E> PPb+P> E> DP or u/b+K+G OTB
    TFT> f+E> PPb+p> backwards shinsodan DP OTB

Yomi is the key.

11. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Okay... do I just assume that the combo is version restricted.... /images/icons/frown.gif
    Thanks. /images/icons/smile.gif