1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

combos!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by takira, Mar 24, 2002.

1. takira

takira Well-Known Member

hello every one!
    is there a 100% combo?!
    & does akira have any thing close! the game is poor in damige wise! unless someone disagree's
    thank you

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

No...no 100% combo

And Akira is a power character...so it is quite impossible for his combos to bring piss poor damage.

Look around the site for combo list.

I've done enuff spoon feeding for one day.

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Well if you hit the power button or pull out the plug you can do an instant double KO.

Its only one hit so its not a true combo.

4. takira

takira Well-Known Member

hmm
    I tried souke housui(df+p+k) in the corner then koboku(d,db,b +p) then youho (df,df + p) then tetsuzankou(b,f.f + P+K)
    it was a combo in training mode but not sure if u can escape it
    60% damige

5. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

he duz have 2 75% combos.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

What are akira's two 75% combos?

To the original poster: There have been quite a few combos posted on this site, including a pretty complete list of maximum damage (without walls) combos just a week or two ago. Hint: Look in junky's jungle.
    If not being able to kill people with one or two combos disappoints you, you probably should look to play another game. I recommend something by capcom, or perhaps Midway.

7. gamesmaster1_2be

i meant wall combo's
    (i'm supposing you know the one's?)
    they aren't quite 75% but nearly.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The closest I've found is
    sgpm (wall) -> spod -> bodycheck, which hits 140ish, and seems to be pretty hard or impossible to struggle out of.

The next best think I've gotten is a 97 pt bodycheck followed by a 20 pt bodycheck for 117 damage, but I'm you could probably do something like -> 110 pt yoho combo vs. aoi ----> AS3 off the wall bounce.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Wall combo vs. Lei, requires excellent positioning I guess :p Takes off more than 75% - I can't tell exactly, since I only saw it done in a match.

[2_][6][P]+[K] -> [6_][P][G] -> [6_][P][G] -> [6_][P][G] -> wall -> [6_][P][G] -> [2][P] -> [2_][4][6][P] -> wall -> [4][6][6][P]+[K] OTB

10. gamesmaster1_2be

it really isn't fair the Body check.
    it is the best weapon in the game against charge attackers, with and easy straight out 90 plus when you dodge then hit fast. max damage on;
    normal hit 65.
    mC 81 i believe
    MC 97
    also, it is your staple, heavy damaging wall combo ender, cos it hits so ridiculously low.

11. gamesmaster1_2be

i can imagine the damage that the combo you saw would do.
    when it comes to walls, akira is hands down, the best.

12. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the bodycheck is also one of the slowest-recovering moves in the game, and is only really useful off a dodge or on a charging opponent, since otherwise it'll hit for 20. Gee, that was fun, especially considering I could have used a shrm which is less punishable AND does more damage.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty shocked if that combo did that much damage.

First hit: full 45 points of damage.
    Second hit: 80% damage x 12 pts for the punch = 9 pts.
    Third hit: 80% damage x 12 pts = 9 pts.
    Fourth hit: 60% damage x 12 pts = 7 pts.
    Fifth hit: 50% damage x 12 pts = 6 pts.
    Sixth hit: 40% damage x 9 pts = 5 pts.
    Seventh hit: 30% damage x 30 pts = 10 pts.
    The eighth hit, whatever it is gonna be, is tech rollable.
    Because I can't get to my PS2 right now, this damage estimate might be wrong. The double palm might even hit for full damage for a low-to-the-ground hit, which would be 30 points instead of ten.
    So this combo does, within a few points, either
    45+9+9+7+6+5+10 for 91 or
    45+9+9+7+6+5+30 for 111.

I have some other friends who see 45-50% and immediately say "omg dude I did 75-90% damage in one combo!"

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Just tested... I got 87 out of it, or 44%, a little less than expected.
    Anyway, moving on.
    I tried to see what I could get out of wolf's charge P+K -> knee -> wall combo but it seems to top out at exactly 140.
    The lau thing isn't even close to doable, the opponent starts to drop like a rock after hit number four. PPPsweep will work but only for 80-something, surprisingly crappy.

15. gamesmaster1_2be

hummmmmmm....
    you don't play Akira much, do you.
    the body check is Akira's best wall combo-ender, doing around 25-50 at the END of combos!
    also, body check is faster, than shrm, (though slower recovery. either way, you'll be thrown) and reaches further, and hits lower.
    it can also do 65 on normal hit

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You don't really have the right to say "hmm, you don't play akira much" when you probably have played less than a thousand games vs. humans, and scrubby humans at that.

Your original point (which you made) was that the bodycheck was 'almost unfair' and robert was merely pointing out that for overall usefulness, the shoulder ram is better. You then changed the point by saying "Well ok but it's the best for wall combos." That's true, a bodycheck can hit on the bounce from a wall combo for 30 points. However outside of that one example, the bodycheck is worse than the shrm.
    In a wall combo: The shrm can hit at least once on the bounce, just like a bodycheck, and sometimes it will re-bounce the enemy and allow a second hit. You'll never get that with the BC. the bodycheck also never does 50 points as you stated, the best I've see is 36 points for a high float against the wall.

In normal on-the-bounce combos without a wall: bodycheck typically does 12 dinky points of damage, and maxes out at 20. The shoulder ram does at least 20 and can hit on the bounce up to three times. Of course most people will tech roll before that'll happen.

In normal combos vs. someone who can tech roll: Again a bodycheck is generally 12 or so points, a shoulder ram is twice that. It also refloats a little, sometimes allowing for nice added hits... for example you can end a combo with shoulder ram --> double palm.

If blocked: To say "either way you're gonna get thrown" is deceptive. I can block the shoulder ram and get a guaranteed PPP, which is weak, or a throw, which can be escaped. There are no GUARANTEED painful followups to a blocked shoulder ram.

If I block a bodycheck, I can easily do a knee combo, or kickflip. Akira can block another akira's bodycheck and get shoulder ram -> punch -> double jumping kick for 85 points, and there's nothing the bodycheck user can do about it.

Finally, while a really NICE bodycheck might get you 97 points, a typical one's closer to half the damage or a little less. For example if interrupt another akira's bodycheck perfectly I trade hits and do only 63 points. A shoulder ram, if it hits as a counter and often if it hits normally, guarantees at least a 70 point combo such as shrm --> f,f+K,K.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just a side note really, and another indicator that someone isn't playing against decent human opponents, is that you shouldn't rely on Bodycheck for OTB hits especially against the wall. The reason being is than the opponent can QR (in place) and punish Akira while he's still in recovery.

18. gamesmaster1_2be

what about CATCH throws CreeD? you don't want to fall victim to a PIT combo (which is still pretty hard to avoid, although it van be) do you.
    annyway, if delaying the DBC at the end of wall combos, you get up to 50 damage, and while they can tech roll afterwards, i think it is still worth it.

19. gamesmaster1_2be

oh by the way, how can you compare a floater to a normal move? it makes no sense. also, dodgin charge attacks during the animation then Dbcing will pretty much guarentee you more than 75.

20. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Exactly. In almost every case, shrm (which floats) is better than bodycheck (which doesn't), simply because shrm does way more damage with a combo tacked on, and isn't as vulnerable. They can be compared, yes, and the floater usually comes out on top, not just in this one example.