1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

COME ON SEGA HIRE NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE VF TESTERS!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by kungfusmurf, Oct 30, 2003.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I would say that ME personally won't mind being a tester for VF as a pad player for Sega North America PLZ. It's a silly idea at this point since our kind is so bloody few. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif But at least a pilot program definitely won't hurt Sega to try.

Lastly maybe from our perspective of VF the game will keep on getting better with future refinements and hopefully contribute to slowing down VF from eventually hitting the glasss ceiling that all games in the past have done.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Hmmm, right... who are you talking to? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

actually i was a game tester for sega europe last summer. i missed out on the VF testing, but there really wasn much to do. As for actually getting VFers in to test it, highly unlikely. It would be way to vexing and non-profitabe for such a small place like sega europe(and it is small) to recruit VFers JUST to play it for a short time. Game testers have to be there 5 days a week to see a game thru. Its not just some thing where u pick up a game and see all its faults in 10 mins. It takes ages actually to see ALL. Really its like looking for a needle in a haystack, its just that there are a few more needles.
    hope that helped ya! oh, and what game did i test by the way? sonic heroes, billy hatcher and Worms 3d. Worst summer of my life. Really.

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Indeed - game testing is not a glamorous job. You might think "Whoa! I can play all these beta games ages before they're released! KICK ASS!" Instead, what you wind up doing usually doesn't count much as "playing"... they have you do crap like run into all the walls in the game to check the integrity of the code so you don't fall through anything. Not really a good way to enjoy the game.

5. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    game testing is not a glamorous job. You might think "Whoa! I can play all these beta games ages before they're released! KICK ASS!" Instead, what you wind up doing usually doesn't count much as "playing"... they have you do crap like run into all the walls in the game to check the integrity of the code so you don't fall through anything. Not really a good way to enjoy the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, beta testing stuff like Warcraft 3's: Frozen Throne expansion was an absolute blast...I mean you get months of brand new game material before anyone else does, and material you get is mostly completed anyways, all we had to do was look for balance issues and glitches/bugs. But then again it is blizzard so, expectations have to be high or else. Blizzard beta's are usually clamoring with high excitement and acticipation, poeple were wild over getting the initial Warcraft 3 beta, Blizzard even sponsored a beta championship for it (Tillerman won). And for TFT the hype was not as great due to the vanilla game still being competitive and receiving tweaks. But now we are seeing more and more of a clamor for World of Warcraft's beta....Game testing can actually be fun (even when you aren't getting payed), just only when Blizzard is doing it.
    - - - -
    The odds of getting VF testers in America...fuck I'd rather buy a plane ticket and start looking for Weapons of Mass Desctruction /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In Japan they had uh...pre Ver. A testers for VF4, back when back throws were escapable and Lei and Vanessa were not even included (right?).

But in a sense we kind of are testers, I mean if VF does well on console, they might send more arcade machines...if those do well...we might get card machines and upgraded versions...and if those do really well (LOL)...then we might get VF.Net /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif...so it's like an endless cycle of letting AM2 down with low sales and such...

If VF5 does come here (in more than 3 locations) for the arcade...there's hope...but considering that people have said that 5 is the last of the VF series, don't get your hopes up for VF.Net in America ever, stick with Quest mode dreams of proper memory card systems /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif