1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Command list changes

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Sebo, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Jeffry

[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] is actually 29i

Throw escaped frames

[P][+][G] -6 (in ST)
    [6][P][+][G] -6 (in ST)
    [4][P][+][G] (and all variants) -6 (in ST but both characters?)
    [4][6][P][+][G] -6
    [4][6][P][+][G][6][P][+][G] -3
    [4][6][P][+][G][6][P][+][G][6][P][+][G] -3
    [4][6][P][+][G][4][P][+][G] -3
    [4][6][P][+][G][6][P][+][G][4][P][+][G] -3
    [4][4][P][+][G] -6 (in ST)
    [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G] -6
    Wall [6][P][+][G] +5!
    Wall [6][6][P][+][G] -6 (in BT)
    Wall [4][6][P][+][G] -6 (in ST, also breaks wall if reduces the opponent's health to zero)
    [2][P][+][G] -6
    [1][P][+][G] -6
    [3][P][+][G] -6 (in BT)
    side [2][P][+][G] +2

Maybe everyone else can do their own characters?

Also I think it would be neat to have things like "if escaped you're in ST" in the notes of particular techniques.

EDIT:

Also, is there a reason why the character weights are in that specific order? Having posted hundreds of combos I can say without a doubt the order is closer to:

EI > EL > AO > LI > VA > SA > SH > PA > BR > GO > LA > KA > LE > JN > JA > AK > JE > WO > TA

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into a "nice" way to portray this data on the Command Lists.

It's as per the VF5FS Masters Guide, an official publication by SEGA. I'm curious as to why and where you think it's incorrect? Got any examples? While weight determines how high a character can be launched, it doesn't always tell the full combo potential story.

Mister likes this.
  3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Based on the numerous combos I've tested for Jeffry, Taka, Wolf, Aoi, etc. I've found that in several combos there are numerous gaps.

Examples:
    Jeffry
    [4][6][P] > [2][1][4][P][+][K] > [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] > [2][K][P] Works on EI, EL, AO <gap> LI VA
    [3][3][P] > [P][K] > [4][6][P][+][K] > [2][K][P] Works on EI, EL, AO, SA(ch) <gap> LIc(ch) VA(ch)
    [6][K]/[3][3][P] vs crouch are filled with many gaps
    [4][1][2][3][6][P] > [P] > [2][P] > [6][6][P][P] EI, ELc, AO, SA <gap> LI, VA
    [P][K] (ch) combos into a [P] > [4][6][P][+][K] bound all miss on SH and PA again
    [3][P][+][K] into [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] combos have similar gaps, some randomly work on BR/JA/JN
    Double bound [4][6][P][+][K] have the same gap and randomly work on JN
    [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][+][K] combos vs crouch whiff against KA/LE and AK but work on GO/BR/JN/JA and everyone lighter
    [1][P][+][K] (wall) > [P] > [4][6][P][+][K] works on all LWs, and for the mids it works on LE/BR and JN but whiffs on all the others

Taka
    [3][3][P] combos that work on the "heavier" JA/JN whiff on AK
    CH [4][1][2][3][6][P] > [6_][P] > [3][3][P][+][K] > [6][P][+][K][P][P] works on all LWs but PA and SH
    etc.

It could just be hitboxes (like EL's short legs) but there is a high likelihood for certain LW combos will work on EI/EL/AO and then skip over to LI/VA, then it's SA > PA > SH Many of Jeffry's (lower) mid weight combos more on BR/GO and then sometimes LA but more often than not KA and LE. Heavy Middles, AK is no doubt the heaviest by a long shot, even stable combos that work on the entire cast require tighter timing on just him than all the others (like Jeff's [3][K][+][G]/[4][6][P]), and considering how much random shit connects on JN he's should be counted as lighter than JA and AK.