1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

COMMUNITY PROJECT: Aoi Guide

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Leonard_McCoy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

And then the thread was silent again, way to ruin it Myke! =P

I jest. So let's post something useful again. Like reversals. Aoi's Forte.

High reversals ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Reversal: 2hit 31 damage(10+21) Guaranteed follow ups:
    - Down throw 57dmg 3hits (Careful with ring positioning as you switch sides)
    - Down light punch 41dmg 3hits.

Mid reversals ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif: 33dmg 2hits (10+23) Guaranteed follow ups:
    - Down throw 59dmg 3hits (Careful with ring positioning as you switch sides)
    - Down light punch 43dmg 3hits.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (Knee class): 40dmg

Low reversals ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Reversal : 1hit 29 damage
    Guaranteed follow ups: Nothing

And then when I was typing this, I realised there is no way to do this without having a player 2 doing attacks for you.
    And then I realised that the VF4evo dojo is faaar superiour. So i'll be using that. Aoi's animations are all the same but i'm not sure about damage. So i'll just continue this list by putting down guaranteed follow ups.

High reversals:

-High Punch: Down punch, Down throw
    -High kick: Down punch, Down throw
    -Full circ high: Stagger

Mid reversals:
    -Knee: Down punch
    -Side kick: Depends on the animation. If Aoi "pulls" the opponents leg you get Zero follow ups. If she however slams the opponent down, stands on his/her leg and does the nasty sounding twist you can get a down throw or down punch in.
    Not sure about the animation where Aoi grabs the opponents leg and does a 'slice/chop' on the opponents foot. (it doesn't seem to be in evo) I don't believe you can do anything guaranteed.
    -Mid kick: (Grabs opponents leg, then jumps on his/her knee) Down punch (seemed to whiff at times in evo) down throw.
    -Mid punch: down punch, down throw
    -Elbow: down punch, need to dash in a small bit really fast to perform a down throw.
    -double handed: nothing
    -double feet: nothing, not even damage.

Low reversals
    -full circ: stagger
    -low punch: nothing
    -low kick: nothing

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I think you can add a light down attack after a dash in this case. And if Aoi throws the foe into a wall ( but he doesn't hit it ) during the reversal, you can down throw him.

3. sk0111

sk0111 Member

Add;
    After HCR, MCR Guaranted- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and combo, like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (57 dmg).
    After SW- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and combo- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (58 dmg) (all character, except Akira, Wolf and Jeffry). On Akira- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (57 dmg). And- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif on Wolf (55) and Jeffry (51).

4. HamalSharatan

HamalSharatan Active Member

Someone do it!!!

5. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Doesn't this mean you could stuff Lei's sabakis too?

6. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Yes, but 4K+G isn't particularly fast, and you can already go through all sabakis in the game with 43P, since it's a double palm.

7. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Hey guys, I started to write a strategic guide in the VFDC wiki.
    I need a little help: how can you describe the art of the G-cancel with Aoi: its use, its utility, its applications, how to adjust this ability on the different ennemy's reaction. I have a idea, but I can't put words on it, mainly because I'm not english...
    So I need a beautiful small text. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Thanks for the work on the aoi pages. If you want to write up info on g-cancels in french, my wife speaks decent french & could help me translate it for the wiki.

9. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Agreed, I didn't mention it before, but that guide is really great, kingo. Especially the side throw thing when using evades out of tenchi, I never knew it worked that way, finally explains what that move is even for.

10. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Thanks!
    I wrote something about G cancel, please read this and tell me if it seems understandable for you lol.
    Also about the part concerning YY stance side throw escape, I just copy the post from Chanchai, so credits to him, it was so well explained. This techn exists since VF4, Nuki used this a lot in VF4evo/FT.
    For the 6P+K part, it's the article noodalls translate from arcadia. I wish there would be more of this.
    If anyone want to add something, just tell me.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Great work, kingo! Many are appreciative of your efforts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

p.s. your English is fine!

12. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

13. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    It's not really the kind of cancel strings I talk about.

14. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

If you need any help translating stuff from french to english, don't be shy and get in contact with me. I get plenty of practice doing it at work /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ça me ferait un plaisir même.

15. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Well I suppose it's a little late but anyone wanna talk about her oki or ring out game?

To me wake up is the only time that her reversals are really worth using. You guess right and you rape them for 50+ dmg.

A cool thing I do on RO stages is you knock them down around mid stage. Reverse the wake up kick, 33P+K, P, PP6PP (which moves them across the screen really fucking far) from there they are really close to the edge so they usually try to evade and you can hit them with 6P+G -> 6P+KP or whatever you want for a RO or you can hit em with 33P+G or if they are god like at TE you can hit them with a K+G or half circular 66P/6K+GP or sometimes I use P+KPPP for laughs.

Damn this character is hilariously fun.

16. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPhfMVJCFo8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPhfMVJCFo8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

On top of 6pg direction throws, the most common ring out comes from 3pg and YY.

17. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I also like using 1P+G as a throw set up. It can usually set people up at just the right distance so that if you dash up and reverse their wake up kick 33P+K -> 6_PP6PP will knock em out of the stage.

Even if your not in an RO stage you can still use it to move em to the wall for big extra damage.

PS: What is the best non-throw clashing move that Aoi has?

18. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    I'd like to think it's [4][4][P]+[K] or even [4][6][P]+[K] but I'm pretty sure even those throw-clash. On the other hand if timed right [4][4][P]+[K] avoids throws more often than not. "Overlapping" moves are another story though -_- Me and Kaminari were researching this very topic not too long ago.

19. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Other than the general 2p, Aoi's sweep and 43p are the best choices. You can also choose 4kg which double functions as a sabaki. If asked for the very top choice I pick 43p as it is a ducking state and aoi's fastest mid. You can use all of the above in reverse nitaku and they will never clash.

If you are talking about best moves in common situations where people use throw, such as after landing a rising attack, it requires you to understand the frames behind the situation. For example, if you face an opponent who likes to throw after a rising attack has landed you'll typically be left in a -2 to -3 situation. You can use 6k or 33pk which are 18f and will not clash since anything 18f and faster will not clash. In the situation above 66pk 19f and 46pk 23f will clash.

Without paying too much attention you can just pick from the list above.

Just to add to the conversation, using 3p or 1p, which on MC will leave you at +12 or +13, gives you the chance to use 0 frame low throw which will never clash. 3p is highly underused imo as it's only -4 on guard but leads to amazing damage if you guess correctly and land the 0f low throw.

20. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Problem with MC 3P is it's really easy to counter if people know the move. Buffering in 2 low throw directions isn't very hard. But, I guess if they are careless you can tac on a low throw to make them pay. Personally I the risk isn't a big deal to me so I prefer 43P+K if I have the chance.

I'm guessing 66K clashes even though Aoi jumps... darn it oh wells. 4K+G would rock if it would crumple on normal or mC but I guess that would make it a little imbalanced.