1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

COMMUNITY PROJECT: Aoi Guide

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Leonard_McCoy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im fairly certain that it is possible to get a guaranteed front-throw opportunity against Aoi that is doing a tenchi evade, by delaying the throw long enough. This is because Aoi turns back after tenchi evade before you can attack again. Most of the tenchi evade is covered with the sidethrow escape though.

I applaud what you have done on the Aoi wiki. Only one thing bothers me though, I think it would be best if either YY-stance or tenchi stance was used as a name for that technique, using both names can be confusing to a beginner.

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Yep that's right, I usually called her stance "YY stance" but for the parts with the name tenchi, it was just a copy-paste of some posts here, and they called it tenchi.
    Against evade from YY stance, just delay your attack or your throws. The throw can still be escaped though.

3. kno1really

kno1really Member

Okay, yeah im new. Question. are reversals/parries a waste of effort? because im a defensive player; counter-attacks etc. i swere, i rarely strike, is this foolish?

4. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

If people know you try to reverse all the time they will delay launchers, throw out moves at different hit levels, and throw you.

5. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    If you just do reversals you will be crushed but if you attack just enough to bait them to attack you quickly then reversals become effective if you attack you should at least use moves that sabaki direct attacks at least just in case they do attack their attacks are crushed and it would have the same basic effect of a reversal. Not attacking at all is never a good thing to do for any character Aoi included.

6. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Aww, seems like the thread died. Let's revive it shall we :3?

About the YY Stance, I wonder why no one ever mentions UP (Or down), P+K+G (When back towards opponent),P. I find it extremely useful when stuck in a tight spot facing away or just avoiding a linear attack. If it hits as a CH it's an automatic stomach crumple so you can follow up with DOWN,K,P,P or DOWN,K,P,PPPK.

7. Tiripsem

Another addition,

Aoi's wall combos can be easily started by 4K (near wall and causing stagger) leaving an opening for 66K to make the opponent soar into the wall.

From there you can slam the enemy with PPP then 6KK for a tidy 70 dmg total. Of course you are not limited to only that specific combo.

8. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    does aoi have anything cool thats stance specific CLOSE/OPEN. her combos doesnt seem like it has alot of variety
    ) :

I believe maybe 236P has evasive properties at disadv?.. i also notice her 2p doesnt have the greatest length same as sarah( maybe it doesnt hit in OP/CL as much i duno )

9. Tiripsem

Most of Aoi's combos are not stance specific, sadly I can't remember ones that are XD. You'd be surprised at what you can find to mix up Aoi's combo game. Most of the time you'll be using 66K or 33P+K to float the opponent but it branches out from there. The combo list is the go to page for that.

You mean 23P? Or 236P+K? Either way, the transitioning to a crouch to preform 23P after an attack can be horridly slow. Now if the actual 23P is blocked there is little disadvantage and you can most likely evade a retaliation.

About Aoi's 2P you're absolutely right, the range is horrible. Use it to break an opponents combo or when you are in very close range and I mean VERY close XD.

10. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Sorry but the second kick of 6KK is techable.
    You better stick to PPPK then heavy pounce for a total of 60 damage guaranteed.
    ( I don't count the 17 points from 4K )
    Also, after a high wall splat caused by 66K, you can also do P, KPK, then 8P for 63 damage.
    The better combo would be just 6KK, then 8P for 66 damage but the opponent doesn't always hit the wall again after the second kick, so no pounce ( 50 damage ) but good oki.

She has some stance specific combos, for example from 66P+K CH, and against light weight characters, from 33P+K NH and CH.

11. Tiripsem

Found another nifty little combo starting with [4][K] after fooling around in Dojo Mode

After [4][K] successfully lands, dash forward and quickly input [4][3][P]+[K] to cause a crumple (if the opponent has yet to recover) and proceed with [2][K][P] and finish with [6][4][P]+[K][P]

72 on NH and 80 on CH [​IMG]

12. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

This is going to be tough to land on opponents unless there's a lot of lag. If you're going for dash forward, 43pk, you might as well just do 33pk, pp6pp or 33pk, p, 6kk for 74. From closed stance you can just immediately enter 33pk. In open stance, waste a frame before the 33pk. If you can't see the stance, just waste a frame and it will hit in both stances. If your opponent isn't able to get out of the down attack after 33pk, p, kk, you'll get a total of 81. The problem with 4k, dash is you need to waste more than one frame actually closing the distance before you do 43pk.

13. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Not to mention against good opponents with even average anti-stagger ability, 66K will be often / always blocked. I play with a pad, and I can block 66K after a 4K stagger, so..

14. Tiripsem

Been messing around once again in Dojo and found an interesting little combo. On CH (against Brad, I'm not sure about other characters), [2][3][P]+[K][P] -> [P][P][6][P][P] actually hits for 73 dmg. It is a little 'dangerous' though because off timing can allow for a tech roll.

15. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    That combo does the max damage ( although the first elbow of the string whiffs ), and is also stance specific against some characters. But against Akira for example, it works in both stance.

16. Tiripsem

Interesting that it works on Akira for both stances, that damn lug too heavy for anything to land and do decent damage on him with Aoi. It looks like it's a staple combo in FS after [2][3][P]+[K] (Must be after counter now -.- <-)

17. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Crap, I found out that PP6PP is exact recoverable against Akira...but still hard to tech.
    I prefer the [​IMG][3][P][+][K][P] in FS, it's only -6 and is a 2 hits combo if used to punish some low moves.
    Hummm...time to open a FS Aoi thread !

18. Tiripsem

Agreed ^^! If only someone could translate her new moves/revised moves so we can start planning new flow charts and strategies [​IMG].