1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Comparing VF and DOA is like...(metaphor)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Darrius_Cole, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Yeah, he meant 3.1 .... which I've also played and don't think is a drastic 'OMFG DIS IS TEH SHEEIT' change where team ninja miraculously turns an ugly duckling into a fucking swan.

But nonetheless thanks for pointing that out since it's true that 3.1 wasn't a common version of the game. This view is coming from a gamer (COMPETENT GAMER *hi shou!*) that's given a lot of fighting games its fair shake. I don't see the point in going any further on this here Tom as I don't see 300+ VFDC registered users all of a sudden going jihad on vf in favor doa.

2. TomBrady

TomBrady Member

they will after i beat the nyc vf players in 3.1 and then they r BOUND to say 3.1 is a GREAT game for LIFE!!! and they will lose that bet............3.1 is NOT average player friendly. no way.......that guy who won the microsoft tourney, all those guys were trash. if they didnt know how to beat the cartwheel just by itself then its not the game that sucks.....its them. i agree, the past doa games r trash for more reasons then u actually know but not 3.1.

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    NOT average player friendly

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    if they didnt know how to beat the cartwheel just by itself then its not the game that sucks.....its them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That game sure was friendly towards him though wasn't it?

/KiwE (for LIFE!)

4. TomBrady

TomBrady Member

lol....scrubs vs scrubs will make the game look friendly to them

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    they will after i beat the nyc vf players in 3.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh. I just got an X-box for X-mas. I'll be getting back into DOA and looking forward for you to show me and the rest of the guys what's up.

It won't be easy.

6. TomBrady

TomBrady Member

lol u ny vf players r funny....smithy told me the whole story. this whole thing started when he beat 1 of the ny vfers at a crap nyc doa tourney. then some ny vf player decided hed play doa here and there after losing to smithy and later got on doaU....a few days ago he told smithy that he just saw me play and he wasnt impressed and that the ny crew could take me cuz all i do is space and i have no guessing skills. TOO BAD THE NY VF PLAYERS DONT KNOW THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED ONLINE IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!!!! AND THAT THERE R 7 PEOPLE ONLINE WHO USE THE TOM BRADY TAG MAKING PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY SAW OR BEAT ME. if u see someone with a tom brady tag. ITS NOT ME. if someone in the room says its tom brady it could be 1 of 5 people who dont have the tag but go around saying they r me. these vf players who THINK they saw me play believe they know how i play and can win. WRONG......u didnt see me cuz it was some other scrub u saw.

anyway, back to the topic.....doa games r crap unitll 3.1. its not really the defensive hold that makes the game crap cuz its not really a counter fest its actually like 100 other reasons that most people dont even know.

7. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Hmm.... what?

8. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

GAYNESS 3.1

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="pink">u didnt see me cuz it was some other scrub u saw. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

'nuff said.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    lol u ny vf players r funny

[/ QUOTE ]
    Funny like Ha Ha or funny like TEE Hee /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    smithy told me the whole story. this whole thing started when he beat 1 of the ny vfers at a crap nyc doa tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There was a NYC DOA tourney?!? When was it?

[ QUOTE ]
    TOO BAD THE NY VF PLAYERS DONT KNOW THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED ONLINE IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!!!! AND THAT THERE R 7 PEOPLE ONLINE WHO USE THE TOM BRADY TAG MAKING PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY SAW OR BEAT ME. if u see someone with a tom brady tag. ITS NOT ME. if someone in the room says its tom brady it could be 1 of 5 people who dont have the tag but go around saying they r me. these vf players who THINK they saw me play believe they know how i play and can win. WRONG......u didnt see me cuz it was some other scrub u saw.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Will the real TomBrady please stand up. Do you know if anyone of them is the QB for the Patriots? I would like to trounce him good. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It's a sad sad day when you see someone boasting about their DOA prowess.....

Tombrady's name is most likely a result of people copying the name of the football player. I guess you can keep on living in your own little world and revel in the misconception that people are trying to assume the identity of some random guy with questionable ability at some fighting game that no one who knows about fighting games would take seriously.

Have fun with DOA.

11. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is TomBrady?

12. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

On another note, we went boxing day shopping yesterday. My brother wanted to buy SC2 because it was pretty cheap, and i just had the whole first post in my head and subsituted doa for sc2.

This older guy was listening to me and laughing his ass off. In the end my brother guilt tripped me and bought it - man is it garbage.

13. TomBrady

TomBrady Member

again....doa only has 1 good game. doa3.1

14. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

VF has 4 great games: 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Mr Brady bunch; you basicly come of like this:

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not certain I'll win and I'm a little scared but I do think I'll manage if I just practice some more and then they'll have to say DOA is GREAT 4LIFE when I, just barely, manage to pull of my win! I'm scared to put out my "real" gamertag though (YOU CAN'T SEE!!) so they'll see the "tactics" (abuse! [​IMG] ) I'm currently cooking! Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask me already about why other versions of DOA prior to 3.1 are bad so I can do my show and tell /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/KiwE

16. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member