Concerning VF4's special stances in general

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, Feb 19, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

if you hit someone normally who is in a special stance in VF4(like Lei during his tiger stance or what not), does this count as an MC?

i remember fooling around with the CPU with Akira and after Lei went into his crane stance and did nothing, i went for the LBF and it ended up making him go through a drop crumple.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure stances don't cause MC, but some of them are "unsteady" positions, ... when lei does the standing on one foot stance, a single punch knocks him down, as if you'd hit him during a hop. Ditto shun's handstand, he falls immediately to his back if anything hits him.

If you get a special kuzure down animation, you probably just interrupted lei's attack at the last second. I think those only happen if the attack KD's anyway, not due to stance stuff.

3. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but what is MC exactly? I can't find that abbrev. anywhere.

Thanks.

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

MC = major counter (aka "interrupt" in most fighting games), i.e. hitting the opponent during execution phase of their move. A less common term is mC, for minor counter, i.e. hitting them during the recovery of their move. Typically, MCs give about 50% extra damage, stun the opponent for longer, and sometimes cause KD, floats, etc.

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Actually I think special stances do cause a MC when hit out of.

Take Lei's crane stance or [IN] stance and use Aoi's squatting double palm move. Lei will crumble when hit.

so getting hit when in stance is a MC

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

In the Flamingo Stance, if Sarah is hit she just puts her leg down and reverts to her regular stance, no MC.