1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Control sticks really worth it?

Discussion in 'Console' started by clash103, Apr 5, 2002.

1. clash103

clash103 Member

First of all, please excuse my ignorance...I'm a real "fighter" newbie. Anyway, could someone just briefly explain what these are? Are they worth it? Do they really change the game...or will the DS2 suffice?

Thanks, I appreciate your patience.

-Clash

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The veterans here come from playing VF in the arcade. This is why many of us prefer joysticks. It's more natural. If you're brand new to VF, enjoy it with the joypad for now, but be warned that if you want to progress beyond a certain level, especially with Akira, you'll more likely find it a better and less painful experience with a joystick.

3. clash103

clash103 Member

Alright, thanks a lot. I think I'm gonna hold off for now..but it does sound interesting. I have attempted to avoid peripherals like the plague, but it sounds like a lot of you cats are pretty happy with it. We'll see, anyway...thanks for the info.