1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Converting AVI/MPEG1,2 to DivX AVIs

Discussion in 'General' started by feixaq, Nov 8, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

My archive of VF4 movie clips is getting pretty darned huge, and I'm thinking of converting everything over to DivX AVIs so as to allow for faster downloads and so I can fit everything onto fewer CD-Rs. I've heard of Flask MPEG converter but haven't played around with it yet.

Is there any program that can *batch convert* a whole series of video streams into DivX AVIs *intelligently* (so I don't have to specify exact input type, the program will identify that automatically and convert all clips to the same DivX AVI format)?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Mac users won't be able view any of your mirrored movies...

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ack, no DivX codec for Macs? Bleh...

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Well, not divx 4, yet (the earlier divx 3 codec runs fine). Hopefully someone will get around to making a decent codec/player soon.