1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Jacky vs CPU trick

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Foondogg, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Foondogg

Foondogg Well-Known Member

This is a neat little trick to use on the CPU

- Hit the computer with the [6][6][P]+[G] throw
    - You should both be on the ground face-up with your heads toward each other
    - Stay on the ground for now
    - About 90% of the time the CPU will try for a rising attack, EVEN WHILE YOUR ON THE GROUND /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    - Come up with your own rising attack to interrupt the computers. Work on the timing, it should be real quick like his then yours
    This is a nice follow up you can do, however it's not guaranteed. Maybe works about 40% of the time?

-After the above method, put in [4]+[P][P], however, if the first backhand is MC use [4]+[K]+[G] then [8]+[P] for the guaranteed stomp.
    - After the [4]+[P][P], the computer normally tries to throw so put in [6]+[P][K] or [6]+[P][P][2]+[K]

If this is done and the followup is successful, the enemy is looking at 75-80% of their life gone.

This is a great little trick, it works for both high and low rising attacks, and even works against the High Kings, ive tested this. However, it should be noted that it DOESNT work against Akira's low rising attack, something about his sliding attack makes it pass under Jacky's head-towards rising attack.
    Enjoy you guys.. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

2. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

i dont kno if u noticed but cpus are really suseptable to trick like this. when i played with jacky or sarah i always did the [6_][6_][P][G] throw and after the kick i throw them again with the same throw and then after the second kick do a different throw. this takes like all of their damage. thats how my sarah got so many excellents in the advice in edit file it says something about me having alot of excellent wins its really cool. plus the comp always falls for [1][K] sarah combos. plus if your ever fighting a sarah of jacky try doing throws that force them to do that flippy kick rising attack thing they do cause its a guarenteed throw move so when i played with wolf or jeff i demolished them with throws after their risingattacks. of course alot of this wouldnt work on human opponents though.

3. Foondogg

Foondogg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dont do that against humans though. I dont think ive ever been able to do this against a human. Even the ones that are new to the game LOL.

4. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

yeah for some reason i cant do any of the setups i do for comp players even againstmy button masher friends that cant even comprehend vf4

5. Exodus

Exodus New Member

Wolf has a similiar thing

first [4]+[P]+[G]

the computer always goes for rising attack, just hit your rising attack alittle later and hit BIG SWING for pretty good damage. Follow up with the clothsline and a [8]+[P] and you can drain the whole life bar. the A.I. seems to fall for that kinda stuff.

I agree with a previous post that u should never use this against a human opponent though. U'd get stomped.

6. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

yeah ive noticed the comp falls for throws after rising attacks. if im ever about to lose a key match ill just link a bunch of throws with rising attacks. it doesnt always wqork but most of the time it does

7. BananaClips

BananaClips Member

i play kumite with jacky, and usually i start a match w/ [P][K], [P], [K]. works like 60%.

then i do [P][K] again while facin away.

now, sometimes i hit, sometimes the CPU blocks. if they block, you got a 80% chance of evading cuz the CPU most likely gon try a punch after blockin ur move.

evade and immediately do [K][K], and u get the [8_][P] 4 sho.

or do [P][K], [P], [K]

if u do a strikin attack, try to time ur shuffle-step right, so the CPU gon try to do a rising attack, then u can finish him with [2_][K], [K].

thats how i win an excellent match.

8. Trantor

Trantor New Member

You can also defeat Lion, Wolf and Jeffry "perfect" with a very simple trick. Just press and hold "down" and trigger the punch button again and again. You will always win "perfect" no matter what rang your opponent has. Those three guys will sometimes hit you at the beginning, but then they will "sit" in front of you so your punch just can not hit them. They will then try to get beside Jacky, but Jacky will always hit them with his punch. In about 10% the time runs out before your opponent is KO, because a punch only does very little damage. But who cares. You even do not have to look at the screen to win that way.