1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cool lookin' Wii games you may have missed:

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai~Chun, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Apart from playing the Sega and Capcom light-gun games round a friend's, I haven't really spent much time with this console, as it was never really geared up for hardcore online arcade fighters, which is generally my main focus. However, it does appear to have a fantastic selection of Japanese made action and turn-based RPGs, as well as a few other kooky delights! Off we go then, big images ahoy, courtesy of Amazon UK :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

I must thank you for this post. It's shown me the Wii has more to offer than just the few games I initially wanted. For a long time I simply didn't care for the Wii but now that you can get one here for around $50 second hand I've decided it's worth it.

I do wish the new Toshinden had an american release. Ah well.

3. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    That's right, the actual console has come right down in price now, as I suppose it's technically at the end of it's lifespan. However, now is probably the best time to pick up any of these type of games, as some will surely shoot up in price (some already are). It was the same deal with PS2, which ended playing host to some gorgeous JRPGs, many of which could be had quite reasonably for a while after that console wound down, then started to really creep up. Anyhow, here's a few more I missed last night:

[​IMG]

Gotta say, for gamers of my generation, it still seems shocking the 'main' FF games don't hit Nintendo any more. I still wouldn't pass this up cheap though if or when I see it on my travels.

[​IMG]

This series also going strong since at least the SNES. Don't think has had many Western translations though? Not sure ever seen this one yet on a physical shop shelf.

[​IMG]

Don't know much about this one. Sure never played 1 or 2... but it has got Capcom written on it, which always at least makes me pick it up and look at the back in shops etc.

[​IMG]

This one seems to have a few mixed reviews. Supposed to be like the premier RPG series in Japan, but unfortunately, not too many conversions over the years to foreign markets. I think there's a few on handheld now though. I've got one on the PS2 that looks superb, but never really explored it much. That's some quite uninspiring cover art there tbh, but for sure, if see it cheap, won't say no!

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this started out on Saturn! Don't think it ever saw a PAL shot before though. Graphics look a bit rough on the back. I've seen this one in 2nd hand shops for like £5/$10. Rising Star Games, a bit like 505 Game Street before them on PS2, have put out some quite obscure Japanese conversions this gen, across various systems.

[​IMG]

:eek: :cool:

More Saturn flashbacks! I think this one got a shot in the States on PS2, but AFAIK, PAL-land ( :( srsly) has never seen a Sakura Wars game before. Nippopn Ichi on the cover there, but this is pretty much an in-house Sega RPG as I understand it. It sadly doesn't appear to be 2D isometric any more but I would still love to track this down and check it out.

I think Okami, Twilight Princess and even Resident Evil 4 all might have the best versions on Wii as well, so factor in the above, and the light-gun games, it seems to have had quite a healthy selection, depending on your gaming tastes of course ;)

4. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

Not sure why I thought Monster Hunter 3 was only on 3DS but now that I see this I want a Wii more than ever. I've been looking for the first one on PS2 for years but no game stores around here have it and no one who has it on the trading site I use wants to trade it.

Really I just wanted a Wii for the few Sonic games it has as well as Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

5. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is really fun for me, especially as someone who has no 2D fighting skill. I actually have a Wii arcade stick, too, and it is a lot of fun to use with the game. Also, Sonic Colors is one of my favorite games from this console generation.

It's really interesting that a Sakura Taisen game actually got translated. I wonder if we'll ever see another in the West..?

6. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Trauma Team was better than New Blood. One of my favourite games on the Wii.

Pai~Chun likes this.