1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

cost of vf machine......

Discussion in 'General' started by gaishou, Jan 25, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i was just a little curious if anyone knew the answer to this. from what i remember, the big screen vf3tb at rockies was 10 grand. thats what i was told then. what do the regular machines cost versus the kits sold. all we usually get at rockies fl are the kits. i think it sux because sometimes the buttons aren't laid out like the original manufacturer planned. here they're pretty much all in a line, would like to see what its like playing with them set like the actual sega machines. i'm not really complaining, just wondering.

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

US kit was about $2700. Came with power supply and JVS to JAMMA adaptor so it could be plugged into almost any cabinet, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

AFIAK there are no dedicated VF4 machines at all, anywhere.

3. sansan

sansan Active Member

Mr. Bungle,

Can you elaborate on the kit, does it include VF4 software/rom-board, GD-rom drive, etc?

And how do we get those software updates if there is 1 ?

Thanks.

4. Mr. Bungle

From what I know, the US/export kit is just an N2 board with 3.3vdc power supply, JVS-JAMMA adaptor, marquee, control panel overlay, manual, etc (and I think two joysticks, not sure). The US/export kit is not the GD-ROM version, it just uses the exchangeable cart.

I don't know about upgrades. It sounds like the Japanese versions use the GD-ROM N2. If there is a Ver C cart, I don't know if it'll ever come over (not bloody likely) or if it'll even be compatible with the US version.

Best thing to do if you really really want the arcade VF4 is to wait six months to a year after the PS2 release and then look up used N2/VF4 setups on Japanese game exporter pages. It'll be much cheaper and there should be plenty floating around.

5. gaishou

mr. b,

know why there are no dedicated vf4 machines?

6. Mr. Bungle

*shrug* Kits are easier, cheaper. Also, unlike VF1/2/3, and like the Tekken series, VF4 can run on standard resolution monitors, which means it could be plugged into 99% of the cabinets out there. VF1/2/3 was probably never released as a kit in the US because the medium resolution monitors needed to run those games are pretty rare. So, with VF4, no sense in committing to build big expensive cabinets when you can just send out kits for a fraction of the cost.

In Japan, it's all kits (save for the big dedicated racing/bemani/shooting/etc machines), because the cabs they use have monitors/power supplies/control panels that can accommodate almost any game. Pop the kit in, slap on the marquee, and they're good to go.

7. ItsEd

ItsEd Member

i want some of the japanese machines, they rock.

8. gaishou

thanks for the input.

9. sansan

sansan Active Member

i think if i start saving now, i might be able to make it for Arcade VF5 /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

BTW, Mr Bungle thanks for all the info.

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I paid about $6000 for my VF4 board back in august, but then again I live in Denmark, where everything you buy is about three times as exspensive, + we pay the second highest taxes in the world!

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

vs. city cabinets are awesome, but they wouldn't last a week in most American arcades... they're plastic, relatively light compared to the normal american piece of crap fiber board cabinets and I could see it being easy to break into them. You also need chairs to play on them, which most american arcades don't have.