1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

counter?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by newuser, Jan 2, 2002.

1. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I did not mean toekick followup wif Spinning heelkick or Triple body blows.
    I mean substitute them.

For your info...
    [Jeffrey]
    1. With regards to Jeffrey's TKOD, i haf tried and successfully denied my opponents TKOD simply by crouching and not press any buttons (not even G).

2. When fighting experienced opponents, in response to Jeffrey's Spinning heel kick (SHK) [b,P+K,K], after being hit, opponents react with crouching and 'see-wait'. Although the distance is far, if the opponents react by croaching, Jeffrey can do a low throw (my fav. is d,f P+K+G). For animation, Jeffrey 'teleports' to close quarters of opponent (if ditance is far) and triple-knee-bash. Though this move is risky if opponents go for 'Break throws'.
    (move applicable to 3-body blows be it 1 or 2 or all of them)

3. Jeffrey's Frontal backbreaker(FBB) [b,f,f+P+G] is awesome and does close to 1/2 life damage with a followup confirmed pounce [u+P]. Its better to use this throw than the preferred Crufix piledriver [d/f,d/f+P+G]. With a successful SHK and FBB w pounce, it takes abt 3/4 lifebar.

4. Jeffrey's d+K+G can follow with his Axekick. A followup stomp after Axekick is escapable by TR (believe it, the opponent's recovery after TR is immediate). After opponent TR, Jeffrey can go for a throw if opponent is 'surprised' by his immediate recovery.

2. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Wait, are u calling my pai stradegy spamming!? You grrrrr you tell me to post stradegies and moves and I do and you tell me not to spam! If you aren't talking about that then it must have been an old post someone replied to and it went back to the top. I am trying to stop spamming, I have stopped spamming, the most recent post I did has nothing to do with useless info, plus by the way have u looked at that whats up people post, I nipped it in the bud, I didn't see you on his back. So roo poo on you. Wow, sorry there but i'm not SPAMMING.

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

THe person who said it was well look at that post the true king of iron fists and they said it wasn' for opinions questions or useless info. So humph. and I didn't say u were unfair just your on my back.

4. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

If you have time to counter with a knee then wouldn't missing the knee and getting a standing k instead still connect? Perhaps you can combo off a standing k? Like, K, d+p, double palm? Is that possible?

Does the Jeffrey telepost still work like it did in VF2? You know which I'm refering to right? It only worked against Shun if my memory is correct. That's some nasty stuff with Jeff you have. Very intimidating...

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Aki counter

Nice thread you have going on Jeff here guys.
    Down to business now :
    <font color=white>2nd Aki non-delayed high/mid(?)/low rising kick counter</font color=white> : Kage's small sword-dragon tail ( b+K,K) , the second kick is the one to strike with...
    <font color=white>Rev. on previous counter</font color=white> : Aoi's move is a TA , not a TT to counter Akira's kick

6. LAU Abuser

Re: Aki counter

Jeffrey is very intimidating if u pursue your opponent after he/she recovers wif a TR. Reason being Jeffrey has both high, low throws and his knee combo is damaging if opponents don't block after TR.
    Jeffrey and wolf have the ability to pick up opponents... This ability forces opponents to do TR more often than other character... Aoi and lion comes in 2nd place... I think Akira is least effective to force a TR...
    Any comments abt this ranking? Pls include damaging attacks for your characters is your opponent doesn't TR after a knock down hit>>>

As a Jeffrey fanatic, i hope opponents don't try to break throws after being 'Pick up'... Go for a high attack or low attack. (The best defense is to Attack...)

Dear Enkindu, tried to break TKOD with a simple attack yet? And watabout [b+P+K follow with d,f+P+K+G when opponents crouch after being hit?] The 'telepot' look's great? Damage is abt more than 1/2 life bar.

7. Enkindu

Nope nobody played Jeff against me, nobody really tries for the toekick either. I could not even do the TKoD at all myself. I tried it for about 20 minutes and it didn't fully execute once.

8. LAU Abuser

Looks like u r not quite ready for tournament... An average Jeffrey contender might knock u out if there's one... One advice, never block/dodge after being hit by LP by Jeffrey. Go for offense. Try to play jeffrey more... knowing a character's move will prevent occasional 'shocks'.

9. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Do you have enough time to connect with d/f+p+k after d+p+k?

Nothing is guaranteed after the d+p+k, but its a very useful move, nonetheless.

3. Jeffrey's Frontal backbreaker(FBB) [b,f,f+P+G] is awesome and does close to 1/2 life damage with a followup confirmed pounce [u+P].

The followup pounce is not guaranteed.

10. LAU Abuser

I did not say that d+P+K can be followup wif d/f+P+K. Is this Lau's move? i believe so... a d+P+K merely force opponent to crouch but not a stun... In VF4, no move can stun an opponent unless that opponent is willing to act as 'Statue of Liberty'.

FBB and pounce is confirmed... I use Jeffrey and nobody escaped that. Maybe your opponent did not do it quick enough. Like wat i said earlier posts, i'm new here but not a starter. I don't crap around and tell cock n bull stories till the cows come home... if u need to prove me wrong, get a third party to support u... btw, i can see that u do not use jeffrey seriously. prove me wrong by replying some 'mind games' jeffrey can pull off with opponents being 'pick up' by jeffrey. Or else, dun waste time reading FAQs and believe them. Try them out on real opponents... And don't waste cash on guide books cos they tell u stories that r true but neither of us can put them all into play.

11. Enkindu

Very true. Anything is possible in a tournament. I'll play Jeff more. however the tournament I'm going to doesn't have VF4 on the docket. (shame) By the way, what does LP mean with Jeff?

12. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

I was replying "Enkindu", don't be so sensitive dude. :)

The pounce is not guaranteed after b,f,f+p+g, believe what you will.

13. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I don't know about "not ready for a tournament". I've played against several "tournament"-spec jeffreys (at least in the VF3 hey-days), and against at least one in VF4. TKoD was never a staple of any of them, but more of an amusement.

And as for going on offense after getting *hit* by LP from jeffry? That's asking to eat a FC d/f+P float combo. Most of us have had better success with CD backwards as most of jeff's faster flow charts will whiff from there.

Edited: and BTW, I have to go with alucard on this one. As one of several who have escaped the pounce, it is definitely not guaranteed, but it is very difficult to escape...kinda like OB taka's head rocker -> big stomp.

14. LAU Abuser

Then, pls use appropriate 'reply'. Not my post to reply to someone else...

Oh well, seems like u r still believing that its escapable... All the best for your challengers... hope they can drill u throughly...

15. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

It means low punch retard

16. LAU Abuser

Don't explain next time... Its too profound... LP means 'Lying Properly'. Hahahaha!!!

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I used to think a lot of things were 'guaranteed' until I faced some very good strugglers. I'd played good PLAYERS before, but being good at VF doesn't always mean you're good at getting away from pounces. I played someone who got out of sarah's b+P+G, pounce in VF3 OB, and I've seen people who escape lau's P+G, d/f+K and jeffry's d/f, d/f+P+G, pounce. In VF4 I think I've seen players in a movie escape d/f, d/f+P+G, d/f+K ... which is pretty damned hard. I could remember wrong.

My point is that b,f,f+P+G - pounce may be escapeable. Just because nobody you play is good enough to do it doesn't mean it's impossible.

18. LAU Abuser

the 'maybe' u used doesn't show confidence... Were u the jeffrey trying to pounce and not get it? I teach u how to get it connected> bash on the u+P continuously even before your jeffrey recovers from the FBB... Oops! another secret disclosed!!!

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You're both assholes. There's nothing wrong with asking you to clarify the retarded terminology that only you use. If you don't like being asked, use d+P next type or type it out. LP and LK look too much like Tekken.

By the way Cock Abuser, do you think you can jump on the board, talk down to other people like a condescending piece of shit, and gain instant respect? Faker. I don't care how good you think you are at VF. It doesn't really matter anyway because about the jeffry backbreaker ---> pounce YOU ARE WRONG.

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the 'maybe' u used doesn't show confidence... Were u the jeffrey trying to pounce and not get it? I teach u how to get it connected> bash on the u+P continuously even before your jeffrey recovers from the FBB... Oops! another secret disclosed!!!

I've been using mashed buffered pounce with Jeffry longer than you have, most likely. I use maybe for several important reasons.

1. I didn't want to be an asshole and come right out and say "YOU ARE WRONG." - I was encouraging you to consider the possibility, test it out yourself properly, and then learn from your mistake. It's a lot less harsh to say "you may be wrong". And besides, I only know the pounce was escapable in every VF up until now, but I never sat down and personally tested it for VF4. But it seems unlikely that Sega changed anything.

2. I've seen people who state things as 100% fact when they are 100% wrong, and it looks really bad. I've done it myself. So now I use words like "maybe" because being less confident and typing something that is correct is better than being a cocky prick and being dead wrong.

3. I teach U how to spell (!!!!!) and punctuate (!!!!!) properly, U little shit. (!!!!)

==========================
    You may be the best goddamn VF scrub at the strip mall's food court, but that doesn't mean you come anywhere close to knowing everything about the game.
    ==========================