1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

counter?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by newuser, Jan 2, 2002.

1. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Re: Aki counter

Oh... someone wants to talk abt Tekken... Lets discuss KOF? Iori Yagami's surprise exchange looks like Akira's.. only that Iori can do a guaranteed offense whereas Akira can't... (enlightening huh?)

Btw, the states are one step too far from Asean countries in terms of Gaming release/ And, dun swear when frustrated... nobody does that... I tell u how to do it, go try it and come back to fight-talk (never too late). No one will buy your upfront answers... There's no point of gaining respect by means of verbal strategies... here's a place to take down the correct/wrong/suspicious moves, so that we learn new things.

LP is low punch... i was merely joking abt 'Lying Properly'. Can't read in between the lines? The topic was started by me and its VF4 all the way... No KOF or Streetfighter nonsense... If u don't bother to read the earlier posts, don't try to create your havoc... its confusing other users btw...

Anti-vulgarities is much appreciated here...

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Oh... someone wants to talk abt Tekken... Lets discuss KOF? Iori Yagami's surprise exchange looks like Akira's.. only that Iori can do a guaranteed offense whereas Akira can't... (enlightening huh?)

Nobody wants to talk about tekken or KOF, and again you're wrong - Akira's got the canned palm strikes after the surprise exchange, and they're guaranteed.

[random blathering about cursing]
    Point taken, I won't curse at you... for now. You in return should stop trying so hard to sound like an expert. If you truly are, you don't need to tell us, it'll show in your posts. So far you've been wrong two or three times and been really snotty about it. I'll pretend those didn't happen.

here's a place to take down the correct/wrong/suspicious moves, so that we learn new things.

Actually, here's a place where we ONLY seek to pass on correct things, so that we learn faster. We try NOT to mention wrong/suspicious moves because we then cause confusion and havoc, as you like to say. If we're unsure about something, we say so. Why are you speaking for all of VFDC anyway? It's your first or second day on the board.

LP is low punch... i was merely joking abt 'Lying Properly'. Can't read in between the lines?

What I read between the lines is that you are trying to make the original poster look and feel stupid, and that's pretty f...rigging ironic considering you were wrong there too - not ALL jeffry players throw after MC d+P, and if you NEVER dodge or block after it, you will lose. Making up stiff "always do this, never do this" rules like that is a short bus ride to disaster.

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I was saying 'Most" jeffrey do go for throw after LP on MC.
    And it was mind games i was talking abt. I can't fault u for your different opinion on Jeffrey...

Btw, if one dun go through the harsh drillings of trying what is the correct and the wrong, they will be missing out on the importance of discoveries...

My 'overlook' on Akira's canned palm strikes... Sorry.

And lastly, let's call it a day on this discussion... Its making a big uh.. ah.. already.

Last message: The winner in a dog fight is still a dog.
    Regards.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yup, just to I guess put it to rest. Confirmed it several times today. You can escape the b,f,f+P+G -> pounce. Hell, do it enough to the CPU and it will start escaping the pounce.

After looking at what you really need to do to escape, there is probably only one situation where the pounce is guaranteed. Basically you'd have to do the frontal backbreaker in such a manner that the opponent would be lying almost in the corner and pretty much bisecting the right angle. This situation would probably prevent him from side rolling far enough to get out from under the pounce. Doing it when their back is to the wall does make it much harder to escape, as they have to roll under jeff during his pounce and make it past his feet. Out in the open, though, just really mash the side roll (be it left or right) that will have you roll away from jeff on your side. Doing the sommesault roll (rolling the direction your head or feet are pointing) is too slow and you'll eat the pounce.

That's what I was able to glean from it over lunch today. (Gotta love having VF4 about 7-8 minutes away from work)

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just wondering... did I meet up with you at Bugis when I was back in Singapore? I'm trying to put a face to a name...?

6. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Aki counter

Good advice on roll Nut.
    BTW, nice flame going on this thread (you know who you are).
    Back to Oki business :
    <font color=white>3rd Akira non-delayed low rising kick counter</font color=white> -> And this one's for Jeff no less /versus/images/icons/smile.gif, TT (low?) kick ; jeff has back turned and turns towards opponent with a mid kick that turns into a "split" on the ground.
    I'm guessing each character has at least 1 move that can oki Akira's rising kick..that leaves 10 counter moves to go /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Last message: The winner in a dog fight is still a dog.

Laff, what's that make the loser?

AHAHAHAH A LOSER DOG!@!@!@ THAT'S RIGHT YOU WEINER!@#

Ok, you're right, we should call it a day.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

For the last time u stupid piece of @#$#@@!
    the pounce is not a sure win move!
    Instead of accusing others of lacking quality opponents, maybe that situation should be placed on u instead.
    Fucking nothing more annoying than new registered posters coming here and acting like THE AUTHORITY...telling people how good they are ...etc etc etc etc

Get it straight...no one CARES how good u are.

9. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

This is starting to resemble the "Any VF4ers in Florida" thread /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif