1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of weird things I saw...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Apr 7, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

scrub post alert:

1. I didn't think simultaneous ring out could happen in VF, but it did in the recent amact clip, aoi used f+PK, P vs. lei and they both got a round (and both went into their frustrated ring out animations).

2. In the clip I recommended everyone not see, Jacky uses Sarah's win quote. Have I just somehow overlooked a common, normal quote, or is this actually weird? The quote is:
    "C'mon, let's begin" and he does it with his fruity, west-side-story animation where he shakes his chest from side to side. The usual quote that goes with this animation is "come on, let's rumble!@!@!"
    His voice sounds a bit off also.
    UK specific? Maybe "let's rumble" is uk slang for "let's have raunchy homosexual intercourse" or something.

2. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

the uk vf4 clip was of version a, i'm thinking, since wolf's arena still had the sega logo displayed on the mat and yet vanessa (introduced in vf4 v.A) footage was briefly shown. the footage is also listed as being produced for the weekly TV show Cheats and TX’ed between the 30th of November 2001 and the 14th of December 2001. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uktvjourno.force9.co.uk/>http://www.uktvjourno.force9.co.uk/</a>

that might explain some of the weirdnesses present.

3. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

I saw the weirdest glitch today. I was playing against Lei Fei and it was on his stage. I broke one of the walls and when Lei Fei got up, he was right on the edge of the ring. This is where the glitch comes in. I guess he threw me, but the throw made him step back and fall out of the ring. My pai didn't get a thrown animation. All it showed was that after Lei Fei fell out, she just slammed on the ground in place all of a sudden and crack the tile.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

meh, we westerners always get pointless edits like that... i regret to find out just how crappy the uk translation's gonna be when it finaly comes out... heck, i won't be surprised if kumite is totally ripped out of the game, and replaced with a "ranking mode" or something..

our Bio-Hazard translations are the worst over here.... LMAO

5. Euclid

Euclid Active Member

I was Aoi against my brother's Kage and he knocked me through short walls in a corner. Instead of hitting the ground she just floated above the ground, like an possesed child.
    We watched that for a while, then my brother tried to hit he so I would go down, and he fell out of the ring, and lost.
    We promply saved that replay.
    Euclid

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Matty..have u ever encountered this funny bug?

Pick either Jacky's stage or Wolf's stage...or Shun's stage

Play vs for maybe 12 consecutive rounds.

Viola!

Sound effects such as the helicopter hovering above the characters...or the effects of characters crashing into the wall...or the booooing( or cheering in anyone insist) simply stops...

Anyone encountered this?

So far..I've been lucky enuff to see rainbow twice /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

every other stage is fine though..phew

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yah summah, get that all the time. I used to think it was the crappy backup copy's fault.