CPU Kumite Difficulty

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by American_Pai, Mar 25, 2002.

1. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice the CPU in Kumite fights harders when you play as Lion? I know I'm not the best Lion player in the world and I probably have a wacky style but it's seems to play me harder when I fight with Lion. The CPU throws me more and breaks throws at a much higher rate. Kyu ranked Wolf does a consistent punch into Arm Swing against me and 1st Kyu Jeff actually did an XPD from max range! When I play Aoi and Vanessa against the CPU I can get away with repetitive throws at 4th Dan but this doesn't happen with Lion past 4th Kyu. It's kinda cool because I have to do crazy shit with Lion to win but I still find it strange. Am I alone in this?

2. charly_oscar

charly_oscar New Member

I feel your pain. My jef is getting his keister handed to him by Lion. Usually I feel confident going up against Lion, but not anymore. I just reached 1st dan and there's a 3rd kyu CPU Lion STILL kicking my teeth in with all sorts of pokes, dodges and kwik kicks. By the time I react to the low throw opportunity, Lion's already low poking and sidekicking men out of it. CPU Lion has definitely helped me improve my skills. I haven't played on a daily basis since 2, so I'm overwhelmed with the pace, speed, and sophistication of VF4 .