1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

CPU Kumite Difficulty

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by American_Pai, Mar 25, 2002.

1. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice the CPU in Kumite fights harders when you play as Lion? I know I'm not the best Lion player in the world and I probably have a wacky style but it's seems to play me harder when I fight with Lion. The CPU throws me more and breaks throws at a much higher rate. Kyu ranked Wolf does a consistent punch into Arm Swing against me and 1st Kyu Jeff actually did an XPD from max range! When I play Aoi and Vanessa against the CPU I can get away with repetitive throws at 4th Dan but this doesn't happen with Lion past 4th Kyu. It's kinda cool because I have to do crazy shit with Lion to win but I still find it strange. Am I alone in this?

2. charly_oscar

charly_oscar New Member

I feel your pain. My jef is getting his keister handed to him by Lion. Usually I feel confident going up against Lion, but not anymore. I just reached 1st dan and there's a 3rd kyu CPU Lion STILL kicking my teeth in with all sorts of pokes, dodges and kwik kicks. By the time I react to the low throw opportunity, Lion's already low poking and sidekicking men out of it. CPU Lion has definitely helped me improve my skills. I haven't played on a daily basis since 2, so I'm overwhelmed with the pace, speed, and sophistication of VF4 .