1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Aoi Bug movie

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Jan 25, 2002.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

Hello, guys~
    It's been a while since I posted here.
    been busy with school work.

Anyway, here is a crazy Aoi bug movie.

<a target="_blank" href=http://home.megapass.co.kr/~dvdgame1/bugstep.avi>http://home.megapass.co.kr/~dvdgame1/bugstep.avi</a>

If it was already posted here before, then sorry about posting it again.
    If not, enjoy it.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This movie's great. So THAAAAT'S what they fixed about aoi in version C.

I mpg'd it for people with questionable avi-playing abilities. So far without sound, but you don't really need it anyway. I'll prolly make a sound version .mpg soon.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

My reaction to watching the movie: "WTF?!!!!"

Thanks for the contribution!

-Chanchai

4. BEM

BEM Member

Could someone who has seen the movie explain the bug?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to the movie clip!

This *is* totally weird. I've seen the Daioh guys do Aoi's multiple dodge attack, but this is far more bizarre...

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

Freaky!

It looks like something out from a Japanese Horror movie.

I hope this 'bug' gets buried somewhere and forgotten. Last thing I want is some scrub beating me with it and gloating about it.

bleach!

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

considering the amount of inputs required and the rhythm involved I believe that this technique will be out of the hands of a "scrub".

GE

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's easy!
    Once you are in bug mode, you literally get attacks over and over just for hitting any single button or wiggling the joystick back and forth. Crazy.
    Like a senbon KO but much easier. Maybe only slightly less cheap than the freeze in VF3ob.

9. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

okay, but a Scrub would, I believe, have problems with the set up. Scrubs aren't known for their dexterity. If you look at the video, even the fellow performing the bug took a couple of tries to get into it. However, I agree that once you've satisfied the conditions for the bug you are in total scrub heaven.

GE
    -we practiced it last night for a bit before the how to's were posted. we thought it was more complicated than that.

10. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

Give em time, they'll master it.

Maybe I used the term 'scrubs' too loosely. I was considering a senario where you play against someone whom you know can beat the regular way but cannot or have a really hard time at it because of the bug.

I don't know about your area but over here. It's win at all cost, using whatever method you can pull off, cheap or otherwise. No points for second place.

Just today, I had this great game against this kid with like 7 straight wins with me Akira. Then he chooses Aoi and started using the bug mid way in the fight. Aoi became this spinning top O doom. Needless to say I lost the game and left.

I just didn't feel like spending the $ to find out a method to counter against the bug. Heh!

:b

11. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Creed, can I have a link to the mpg version?
    I'm one of the people with questionable avi abilities ;-)

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the ftp server's down for a little bit due to various chores I have to finish that take up my bandwidth :/

However, I can send it on IRC via dcc if you'd like.

13. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, but I only have IRC on my DC. I've been fiddling around with ORC on my laptop, but have never been able to set it up. Have you got ICQ? I'm on ICQ as Kotone under 37751994

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I have ICQ but despise it. Are you on windows on that laptop or whatever you use?
    Use mirc, it's easy as pie. Full instructions if you click the irc link at the top of VFDC. It's a lot easier for me since I'm never on ICQ and can't know when you will be either. I'm always on IRC (or so people tell me. Assholes /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Someday soon the ftp server will be back up.. prolly tonight. I have that aoi bug mpg as well as those ruliweb ps2vf4 movies (euhhhghh!)

15. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks man. I'll try that later. Hope it works this time ;-)