1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Create-a-fighter option?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Thai_Jitsu, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Thai_Jitsu

Thai_Jitsu Member

Has there ever been a create-a-fighter mode in previous versions of VF? If not were there ever any plans to include such an option?

I know these sorts of options are usually reserved for wrestling games, I imagine it would take quite a lot of time and effort to create a character in something like VF but it's probably not impossible.

It's definately something I would like to see, even if it's just choosing pre-set move lists and styles with the only real customization being the fighter's look, it would still be awesome!

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

the characters look is kinda customizable... but real big changes would screw with hitboxes....

i cannot imagine created characters ever being accepted in high level play... balance would be all but impossible as far as I can tell....

if it was included as a 'just for fun' feature, I can't imagine it ever being used much.... VF has always been a game meant to be taken seriosuly... so I don't think many people would invest any time in creating/learning a character that they will never play competitively.

It'd be like practicing Dural!

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

See, this would never work. When you get into a match, right off the bat you're thinking about all the big throws you need to escape, attack patterns for this character, weight, etc.

as siyko said, vf is meant to be taken very seriously. (my brother almost had a nervous breakdown after i rocked him :p)

4. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea if it is meant just for fun. Like a side attraction for n00bs.

5. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

I disagree. A complete create a fighter option is clearly unworkable, however I think final tuned has shown that sega is willing to play with certain customisable moves. I have said before on this site that I think that trend will continue in VF5 so that we will have partially customisable characters. For example each character may have 10 - 15 moves which are changeable.

6. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

nah, i seriously doubt they will implement it that far.

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    If its done by am2 its workable. Giving moves certain strengths as points. Including weight etc...

I would see it as fun too but i could see how they could make a nice implenation. If it gets more people to buy the game why not ?

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

did anyone play the 3d "make your own fighter" game on ps1???

i think it was the same company as "make you own rpg"

i think thq releaesed it in the west!

i always wanted that game:(

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, no you don't. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna have to agree there. I own RPG and Fighter Maker. Start off with a very difficult process of making moves / plot then add in the worst interface you could imagine and you have ______ Maker. . I would like to see what some of the people who did actually make good stuff with those games actually did . It gives me a headache to think of how many hours it would take to cope with the creation process.

As for VF making a create a fighter kind of thing I would like it if you just created your characters outward appearence and picked hsi fighting style from the styles already in the game. That would be awesome.

11. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

As for VF making a create a fighter kind of thing I would like it if you just created your characters outward appearence and picked hsi fighting style from the styles already in the game. That would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, you can already do this... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Well, you can already do this... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

... to the extent that you can actually make a character not just fix up the ones they give you, not that i needed to explain this....

13. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i ONLY play fighting game, even joke one like naxat softs infamous Battle Monsters on saturn, and the psudo 3d follow up Killing Zone on ps1:) bloody joke:)

ohh well i may find it one day:)

14. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

should make a one arm boxer. That would be kinda cool. XD

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm, how about a ballet dancer...

twinkletoes VF, hahaha