1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Crouch Dashing??

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Cappo, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Hey all, can u crouch dash in all VF's? Or u can only crouch dash in VF4

I know in Tekken its f,d,df

What the procedure to do it in VF? I saw Shinz and Moonsuke doing it in a clip, but how?!?! =)

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Since VF1...CD has always existed....however...while I didn't find them very hard to do prior to VF4...there are some people that complained of the level of difficulty in doing fast CDs prior to VF4 (I sure as hell dunno why they found it hard)

the command to do a CD is simply to d/f, D/F (hold on to the second one)

Learn to do a CD 100% first...then go spend some time on doing what Moonsude n Shinz are doing.

Of coz..the above statement is not directed just at u. Goes for any other newbies that might be reading this post.

There~ go on~run off to the arcade n start feeding the machine~

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Croush dashing is actually a pretty deep art form... depending on which game you play.

Taiwan Stepping existed in VF2 where you could crouch dash at blistering speeds. Taiwan stepping is similar to the VF4 method but required G-cancel etc i won't elaborate...VF4 has a similar execution.

Do these two exercises:

1: Tap Speed/Accuracy
    -Simply tapping twice constantly and accurately achieves constant CD.

2. Advanced Method/ Easier and faster method
    -From a FULLY crouch postion execute the first dash tapping twice: ie D, db, db

-Every dash from now on you roll the joystick back to neutral-down and db (timing is important). With practice you can start from standing position and start this sequence tho you need to enter the crouch position after the the first CD.

D, db, db, (d, db) , (d, db), (d, db), etc

from stand
    db, DB, (d, db), (d, db), (d, db), etc

(d, db) = rolling motion. you need to hold slightly at DB and wait for your character to execute dash before returning doing next rep.