1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom stick artwork

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Rare_Entity, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    So I'm thinking about getting a custom stick made by Arcade in a Box and I would like some help with finding some good artwork for it. Also I'm pretty sure I got all the specs right but let me know if I should make any adjustments.

360 Slim Arcade Custom

Button Type: Sanwa

Joystick Type: Sanwa JLF (square gate of course)

Button Layout: Curved-Wide

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I would be willing to make it for you. I'm a graphic designer and I want to start doing custom stick designs and player logos. I figure the first few would be free, then some after that would have a minimal fee.

So if you have any ideas for what you'd like on a stick, just throw them out here. Or I could try some general designs and we could go from there. Remember, arcadeinabox sticks cannot contain any copyrighted characters or material. Not even "fan art". However, I can copyright my material and use it on the stick, being that I am the owner of the original artwork (or public free artwork).

Heres some samples (I just ordered my AiaB stick on the 16th)

The design I just ordered

"Red Denver" concept

"Hard as FUCK" concept

All of those designs are using the AiaB curved wide template. Either reply in this thread with your ideas or send me a PM. Anyone else looking for custom artwork just let me know!

Peace!

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    The other designs are really cool but this one is full of win! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

4. White_Worm

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks Shag!

Keep in mind those designs were just what I was playing around with for my own, personal joystick. I can do a lot more!

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yeah those are nice designs White Worm and the Obama one is just lulz, i'm stealing the design for the one you ordered /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

6. White_Worm

You're going to have "White Worm" printed at the bottom of your stick? Sweet. But rather than steal it, just ask me to modify it! Like I said, I'll be doing a few of these designs for free (unless the request is REALLY time-consuming).

BTW, I'm going to be making some wallpapers for you peeps with that "commands" background soon. Stay tuned!

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Only kidding White Worm, my way of saying I like the design. If I did want to steal I would have asked you first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

8. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

good pickup Rare

but damn do you have a long wait /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

better sooner then later I suppose

9. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Nice designs White Worm, sorry I havent been able to reply in the last few days. I usually only get computer access about once and week. Anyway I'm thinking about getting a robotic/futuristic theme. Something like the pic below.

[​IMG]

This pic is actually an album cover so I'm guessing you cant actually use that specific artwork but I would like a design with that kind of theme.

10. White_Worm

Just finished a design for a client, and I think it came out well. Check it
    JMcWild stick

Though the stick design is NOT Jeffrey related, its just the name on the order. I think hes primarily a SF4 player now, but was a VF player back in the day.

I'm still up for doing stick designs if anyone is interested!

11. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

nice artwork white worm,i like the design you be doing.
    keep up the good work /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

nicely done! =)