1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom stick gallery

Discussion in 'Console' started by GodEater, Jan 6, 2004.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Very nice. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

indeed. only complaint one might have would be--the edges aren't curved, they give it a "boxy" look. but i guess that doesn't interfere with the gameplay.

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

looks great! Great job. I like the minimalist approach for the underlay.

GE

4. teetu

teetu Member

i like it - very elegant design!

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Here's my finished ghetto stick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think you can make a happ stick any smaller than this...I had to drill out a hole in the bottom of it so that the shaft of the stick would fit. Everything else was cut using just a hand saw.

6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

That is just Nake SeXY. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Ghetto Fabulous Stick

So if I get you to make me one of these, will you throw in a free itchy blanket like in the picture?

HOT!

I pay top $$. Check your PM's... /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(I'm so gonna get my ass whupped in Boston for this)

8. teetu

teetu Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BMF said:

Here's my finished ghetto stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's very ghetto- just countersink your screws and put some vinyl, contact paper, or whatever on all the surfaces and it will look like a million bucks!

9. Acheron

Acheron Well-Known Member

WIP Pic + Question

First off here's a pic of my external frame after a few coats of paint. It's a bit tall, but I started working on it before I had received my parts.

[​IMG]

I'm currently working on a Sanwa based stick following Catch-22's method and I've run into a problem.

I'm attempting to mount the stick to my internal frame, and the screws (3/8" Sheet Metal Screws, as they had no 3/8" Wood Screws at my not-so-friendly neighborhood hardware store) penetrate the 1/8" Walnut the stick is being mounted to. I'd assume that this isn't supposed to happen, as the screws would possibly go through my cardboard and then my underlay.

Those of you that used Catch's method, what kind of screws did you use? Did you use the same holes he showed in his instructions (the four at the corners)? Or did you use thicker wood?

Thanks.

10. Acheron

My custom stick.

I finally managed to find screws small enough to mount the stick to the frame.

Here's the finished (except for the wiring) product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Acherons' Stick

Dude, niiiiiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeeeeeee job. color scheme is excellent

BMF: your stick is kind of the look i'm goin for, woody, will post up once i get the basic box done

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Re: My custom stick.

Nice job. The base looks tall for a sanwa stick but that could just be a trick of my eyes or the camera.

GE

13. Acheron

Re: My custom stick.

Thank you, and you're right, the base is too tall.

I made it before I had the parts. And the test frame corner I made was too short for the project box I had already prepared for my controller interface so I bumped it up to 3.5" for the actual model.

The next one I make will be smaller.

14. lw3

lw3 New Member

I just want your opinion on this underlay for my joystick
    [[​IMG]

15. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i think you should consider how it looks like after you set buttons and a stick on top of it - A lot of the logo wont show up /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

16. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

Question to everyone who has used Happ Competition sticks. How deep (or high, whatever) are your sticks? And I mean the whole box, not the stick or shaft itself. 4"? 3.5"? Can it be less than that?

17. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Go to Happ's website. There's complete dimensional drawings for their sticks. I don't remember the exact height, but my last stick using a Happ stick was just barely tall enough for the stick. There's no way it could be less than 3.5".

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

18. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

So I thought. The thing is gonna be a skyskraper...

Edit: I checked the pics again, and it says the total height of the stick part is 5.75", and the part above the box is 3.66". So 5.75 - 3.66 = 2.09 inches...which would be the part that's IN the box. Am I missing something?

Edit2: How thick does the wood have to be where the stick is mounted? Min to max.