1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

CvS2 and Tekken 4 at SVGL

Discussion in 'General' started by Yamcha, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

For interested parties, SVGL got both Tekken 4 and CvS2 today. Not sure if these are still betas or the final versions. Damn the place is gonna get crowded.

As I side note, I was minding my own business playing VF4 and one of the employees comes up to me and says "You should play Tekken 4."

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

what is new abt idiots saying that?

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

did you tell him he should go play "hide and go fuck yourself"?

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

The thought crossed my mind, but the actual conversation went something like this:

Him: "You should play Tekken 4."
    Me: "What?"
    Him: "Tekken 4 man, its awesome"
    Me: "It's a piece of shit"
    him: "Whatever man. I like this (vf4) too, but i got no loyalties" *walks away*
    Me: (wtf?)

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I can see the same thing happening to me already~

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Eh... So a friendly employee of a Namco owned arcade (correct?) approaches you and says,"You should play Tekken 4." Are you paraphrasing him or did he simply suggest that you might give the T4 machine a try? Or did he inflect the statement with a nasty tone that in print would be written as "You should play Tekken 4, rebel scum!"

You are one psychotic dude if you misinterpreted a simple recommendation! :eek:\

7. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hey was the employee tall ??? well i was there using shun and lei fei and yea i really do think tekken 4 sucks bad. but hey that's just my opinion.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sounds like Yamcha was referring to John, the SVGL arcade employee who also happens to play VF4, TK4 and MvC2. John's actually a decent VF4 player, and he's pretty nice too. (Although a bit boisterous at times.) But he's keen on learning VF4 and we have good games going almost every time I'm there.

TK4... um... the graphics stink, and this is not because I'm biased towards the VF series... TK4's graphics really ARE that bad. The game seems a lot slower than TTT, more punching and jabbing and dodging, fewer float combos, some VF-esque moves. TK4 drew a *huge* crowd at first, but the crowd died out later in the evening. Doesn't surprise me, really, it truly doesn't look impressive, graphics or gameplay wise. But then, what do I know about Tekken? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

P.S. SunnyVale GolfLand arcade is not owned by Namco, I think.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I agree with you, Tekken 4 sucks. It's really too slow.
    The I'm a Korean living in Germany, but I'm now in Korea, and they possess Tekken 4 around the Arcades, but there is no Virtua Fighter4. I don't no, if Virtua Fighter4 will appear in Korea, I saw only one Virtua Fighter 3tb machine around in Korea, it sucks.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I'm gonna overlook your "psychotic" comment and simply state the following:

1) The Golfland chain, perhaps the mecca of U.S. arcades (at least for fighting games), is not owned by Namco.
    2) His EXACT words were: "You should play Tekken 4."
    3) Did I play Tekken 4? No. Did I spend some time observing it? Yes. Is it the same old Tekken? Based on my observations and given Namco's past history, it sure as hell looks that way. Have I played enough of the Tekken series in the past to tell me that it is unappealing to me and that it pales in comparison to VF? Undoubtedly. Will I still play it? Sure, when there are less people.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Than why did you rip off the head of the dude that just wanted to interest you in T4? I just find your reaction to be inappropriate is all...

12. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I don't see how I ripped his head off. He approached me about a game I don't care for, and I expressed my opinion on it. It's not like I was walking up to people and saying it was crap.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Than why did you rip off the head of the dude that just wanted to interest you in T4? I just find your reaction to be inappropriate is all...

That is pretty rich. _you_ find his reaction innapropriate. I would say that offering an opinion about a game is not inapropriate. Nor could I possibly say it was "ripping his head off" since, again, all that was expressed was an opinion on a game.

I would say calling someone psychotic after they relate a harmless tale definately borders on the retarded though. I would also say that needless hounding on the subject amounts to you being a large asshole.

14. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

well it seems that tekken has been turned in to a poor mans VF3 but i woulnt judge untill i play it for some time. My fighting game hating freind is looking forward to tekken 4 and he says to me what do you like best VF or tekken i tell him and he says tekken, but how in the hell can he judge a fighting games he rates fighting games by there added features. All he does in tekken is the same strings with jin and jun again and again!

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters