1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyber Troopers: VOOT now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

Discussion in 'General' started by MAXIMUM, Jun 28, 2017.

1. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Not sure if you folks heard the news yet that VOOT is now BC. This is the improved version 5.66 that was originally on the Dreamcast, and later ported to XBL Arcade with some nice online play and improved textures and bloom lighting. Ok, it's not Virtua Fighter but I know allot of VO players populate these forums. I've already given it a whirl on my Xbox1 and it plays flawlessly. I even found a couple of random online matches, so there's still folks out there playing.

Not much chat over at oraton.com about it yet, but if anyone wants a few games him me up with a friend request and invite.

cheers

Myke, cobratron and Stl_Tim like this.
  2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Heh, I saw you playing this game while I was online a few hours ago.

I'll get VOOT and also likely get Radiant Silvergun later this week.

Kruza

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    MAXIMUM, cobratron and Stl_Tim like this.
  3. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I dont have an XB1 but would I be able to plug in my x360 twin sticks into one? I may get an XOX this holiday.

Kruza likes this.
  4. MAXIMUM

No idea on twin sticks support. I've always struggled on with the pad which was decent enough for my level of play.

Kruza, hit me up when you get it. The xbl port of Silvergun is nice btw. Treasure re-tooled it from the original Saturn assets rather than just emulating it. You can tell as everything is sharp as he'll and there's no slowdown which the original had. They even implemented proper alpha blending on the textures which the Saturn hardware couldn't do natively. Nothing compressed either - the excellent orchestral soundtrack by Sakimoto sounds better than ever.

Kruza likes this.
  5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    cobratron: I know Xbox One peripherals and accessories will work on the Xbox One X console, but I have no idea about if Xbox 360 stuff can. If I had to guess about this, then I would lean toward 360 stuff not working on Xbox One X. I have no twin sticks for VOOT, but I plan to play this game on an elite controller.

MAXIMUM: Will do regarding VOOT! And thanks for your brief RS impressions.

Kruza

6. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Specineff is my go-to!!!

Kruza likes this.
  7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Okay, I finally spent some time with playing a little VOOT offline for Xbox One. I customized my elite controller to map the left paddle and right paddle for left turbo and right turbo functions respectively. Messed around in Tutorial and Practice modes during this brief session.

Bal-Bados is my main VR who I will mostly play online. I still have my information FAQs for the BAL-series VR that I printed out from the internet back in 2000!

I don't think the customize feature works. I went to the customization screen and tried changing the colors for my Bal-Bados VR several times, and not one single change I made was saved. Has anyone been able to customize their VRs yet?

Kruza

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  8. MAXIMUM

Just saw this Kruza...no,I haven't tried customisation but it defo worked back when it was first released on XBL arcade. Perhaps an emulation bug when they compiled it to run on Xbox one.

Kruza and IcKY99 like this.
  9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Virtual On? Dude, I still haven't played that game yet.
    I remember it was on the dreamcast and gamers said, it was alot of fun.
    I still want to play it though. I guess I'll check it out, on a dreamcast emulator for now, until I get back, a brand new dreamcast console. And hopefully, get a physical copy of that game too. Hopefully there are still copies out there. Lol!:p

I was always a fan of the blue and white, orange looking mech, with the surf board though. I always found him cool.