1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

D-PAD AKIRA AND NEW IDEAS

Discussion in 'Akira' started by dark_akira_010, Jan 18, 2007.

1. HEY GUYS IVE REALLY GOT THE HAND OF USING AKIRA WITH THE D PAD NOA. I CAN DO THE HARDEST MOVE MOST PPL WOULD AGREE THE DLC. BUT ANY NEW AKIRA COMBOS OR ANY SUGGESTIONS IN GENERAL AS IVE BECOME VERY REPETETIVE WITH HIM.

2. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    .... nooo... most people would agree that the DLC is a combo... Akira's hardest single move (on pad, anyway) would be the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif knee...

Two tips for you:
    1. Go into training mode. Learn. Learn. Learn.
    2. Caps lock key. Turn it off.
    That will be all.

3. VFnOOb

VFnOOb New Member

I found that taping a quarter to your d-pad really helps out. I found some industrial strength mounting tape and it has held up for months now. It took a little getting used to but I never mistakenly input the wrong direction anymore (i.e. d or f instead of d+f).

Also I have a noob question of my own. I am trying to figure out what a lot of the acronyms stand for. I have tried looking around the site but I can't seem to find it (I'm a bit tired and a friend just pointed me in the direction of this site.) I have been playing VF4 Evo for a while now. So far I have a Gladiator Aoi and a Warrior Shun, working on Akira now. I can consistantly do his SPoD and his various Dragon Lance offshoots (I am assuming this is what the DLC is at the moment) along with many different combos. If I knew the terminology a little better maybe I wouldn't be so damn confused, hehe. Any help would be appreciated.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hey, welcome. Thanks for posting the 25 cent pad mod.

Look up terms here.

5. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

OH yeah, controler Akira is fine, but it hurts after a while sometimes. getting the knee to work isnt THAT bad, but it's a little hard to get it consistently with a pad, other than that, it's not bad. Geting buffer combos can be truncated to 2 quarter circles to eliminate guess work and adds consistency. It's not that necessary to do the quarter trick, unless you're REALLY unsure about your pad skills. Overtime you'll definitly get good enough to not need that quarter.