1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Daemon x Machina

Discussion in 'General' started by Lygophilia, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/daemon-x-machina-is-a-spiritual-successor-to-armored-core-on-switch

Any Armored Core fans out there? I remember that there were some here in the past.

masterpo likes this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I'm actually curious, to play this game.
    Personally, I find the game looks really interesting.
    It's not everyday we get to see, new mech games.:D

Lygophilia likes this.
  3. Lygophilia

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Pretty pumped for this game. The everything animates reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, but this gives you full control over your attacks which is one of the things I like about it. Aside from Psyvariar and Bayonetta 3(IF it comes out this year), this will probably be the only retail release I buy for the Switch this year.

Lygophilia likes this.
  5. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Lygophilia likes this.
  6. beanboy

I hope we get more news, on this Daemon x Machina game soon.
    Hopefully, we get a new nintendo direct, with a ton of new info.:D

7. beanboy

8. Lygophilia

The demo for this game has been out for both Japan and the West for a few days.

My impression for this game for it's basic gameplay and control of the mech is to be expected, however, I don't like how they they have downgraded mechanics in comparison to it's Armored Core predecessor, such as infinite flight, acquiring HP recovery when it's low or acquiring ammunition when you run out, etc.

The Colossal AI I defeated on my first try but it took about 12 minutes, but with very weak weapons. To defeat this thing in a couple of minutes, you have to go back and acquire better weapons. I simply rushed through all the order missions.

Based on how the conflicting mechanics are set up, I question if they will have online/ offline versus, as past Armored Core games did.

I still liked the demo, however.

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I don't like the lack of feedback the weapons have and the framerate feels off. It's not clear to me what's missing but the game just feels off. It also feels like it should have gyro aiming. I hope they fix whatever is wrong with how the game feels to play because I want to like it.

10. Lygophilia

I believe the problem could be for you is that they are trying to mimic the overall gameplay and control of the mech from the PS2 Armored Core era, especially with insignificant weapons and parts at the beginning. You would need to farm alot for your ideal mech to have a better elegant feel of it, at least to your satisfaction. That's how Armored Core always has been. The reward is patience.

Trust me, that's how I felt back in 1997 with the first Armored Core game, but I definitely needed to have patience.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Tricky likes this.
  11. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    the framerate will def be updated, supposedly the demo we have is like a year old build

12. Lygophilia

https://www.research.net/survey-tak...K34gBrV4skKv0jC0ByIXlOrCW_2BC1u_2BUHZPQkto_3D

This is the survey for Daemon x Machina, which Nintendo has sent out to random emails prior for who downloaded the demo.

My one complaint about this demo (and the concern of the possible full game could turn out) is that it's too preschool for me. What I would like the see implemented again is the overheating mechanic, original energy management, weapon, and part breaks for more depth and complexity of the mech, but I don't see that happening.

My opinion is that the full game will be decent, but it's too modernized. However, I'm still grateful for former Armored Core developers working on this game.

13. beanboy

You guys played the demo? Cool!:D

That's a good idea. But poor mech.:p

Now that, is an interesting comment.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  14. Tricky

i played AC back when it was a thing, the problem I have with this game is it is trying for a ZoE aesthetic and even has a lot of features like it, but it's just kinda failing to give really good feedback on attacks hitting and it's just not controlling very well. I just hope their design choices end up working in the end. We will see but I'm not holding my breath.

15. beanboy

I hope they give us more updates, on this game soon.
    Gamers including myself, really want to know more about it.

16. beanboy

Hopefully, we get some more info on this game, at this year's E3.
    Let's hope they have more cool stuff to show.:)

17. Lygophilia

They've made improvements since the demo shown at E3. Cooperative mode is added and competitive play will be added later.

jimi Claymore and beanboy like this.
  18. beanboy

@Lygophilia
    Yeah. I watched it and Astral Chain live during E3.
    As for Daemon X Machina, the game is looking alot better than before.:)

19. Tricky

looks like they fixed a lot from the demo.

beanboy likes this.
  20. beanboy

The boss mechs they showed off are looking sick!:D