Daioh finally updated...

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Feb 11, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Lau - Lei (lau screwed up once or twice IMO, but lei was pretty decent. Neither was special)

Akira (mukky?) - Lei : Typical Akira rape, but that's not to say the Akira was mindless. He has lots of clever little tricks. Nice bits of yomi.

Akira - Jacky (Jacky Master? lol. Very original nick) - Akira takes the big signboard on his back and beats Jacky over the head with it. The Jacky has a great record, but doesn't even manage to lose with style here.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. FINALLY!!!! Hope these are version C clips (about to go check).

-Chanchai

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It failed to mention Ver. Cness so my guess is no. Also akira got QCB+P, DBC for about 90 pts (100 after ground punch).

4. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Uhh guys, it says "Version C" in the bottom-left corner right after the character selection screen. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

haha..I was abt to mention that too..
    It's also easy to tell...Akira easily evading Jacky's beatkunckle was a telling sign.

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

hey can you name any higher level Lei play?
    otherwise the lei featured in this clip seems about right. Its a realistic Lei clip. Controlled and conservative summarises the Lei play. I don't think there is much the lei did wrong.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

well, controlled and convervative is ok, but I thought shinz' lei beat that lei by a mile. Shinz pressures with lei really well, he's found some attacks he can abuse fearlessly.

8. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Can you give me some links/names of some of Shinz leifei clips? Cause I'm dying to see some... I haven't been impressed with any lei-fei clips yet.

For those who have the above movie... go to the last 3 secs of the Lei vs Akira match. Lei executes.
    "ff+kg -> k -> p"
    akira executes
    "block -> d+pk -> shrm, jab, shrm, win"

Brilliant defense from Akira, "d+pk" from Akira sealed off the "d+k" variant from Lei enough to kill him. There's nothing the Lei could've done either way.

The Lei-fei shown seems to exhibit a stanceless game which not too bad considering that the Akira was way too overwhelming.

9. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Tbzone has some very good movies of Shinz Lei-Fei, here's the link. Just press the download button and choose from either act2 or act4.

http://tbzone.co.kr/vf4/index.html

10. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Well, this is about the newer update (The 2 noji videos, not the 5 minutes-Eroketu one). Did someone notice the different music? Or was it like that all along? The arcade I played in had no sound /versus/images/icons/frown.gif, and I didn't get to hear the tunes properly until I got my PS2 version, but I could tell that it's even different that the Daioh ones from before, right??

That Akira player should be called " Vicious Akira"