1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Daioh Updates Thread

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Or the, "Get'em While They're Hot" thread (until Feixaq gets permission to mirror these that is).

Anyways, the source site for these clips is <a target="_blank" href=http://www.daioh.com>www.daioh.com</a>.

December 12th
    Posted December 12th in Japan time anyways...
    Date of Matches: 12/1
    Players E(?): damerin, chan nii (Mr. Chan?)--Lau, Pe
    Players C(?): naru, nohohon, debiburu
    Characters: Akira, Lau, Wolf, Sarah, Shun
    Running Time: 7:55
    Format: WMV
    Size: 13MB

Matches:
    1) Lau vs. Akira (Akira wins)
    2) Wolf vs. Akira (Akira wins)
    3) Sarah vs. Akira (Sarah wins)
    4) Sarah vs. Shun (Shun wins)

This post is open to being corrected, etc.... Explanation of C and E would be good too, teams for a team tournament? And my basic literacy of Japanese has reduced more and more per year/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Actually, I am currently mirroring all the Daioh clips going forward (including today's clip). But additionally, I'm trying to get the earlier clips that are no longer online.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ohhhh
    new clips to DL
    such exciting times ahead! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Been kinda a drought recently

4. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I got em mirrored as well

Chanchai asked me to mirror these movies as well.

You can get them at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustedtech.com/portal/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewsdownload&sid=1>Rustedtech</a>

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Got the new daioh movies up and ready.
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/</a>
    There are two kyasao clips and some more 'haou' clips. Kyasao is good for people to watch who want to understand how to avoid getting reamed by experienced players. He escapes correctly, struggles correctly, and capitalizes (capitolizes? capitalises? capitolises?) on every float, for example getting a float and using PPPK into the wall instead of the almost canned P, d+P+K, K combo. With the PPPK he gets to add a low kick after the wall flop. Too bad he got greedy and went for the heel swat afterwards (maybe hoping to sidekick a QR?). Also too bad he botched a couple of dragon punches, although it worked out for him.

Wolf's b+P+K, PPP combo looks like a nice error-proof bread and butter combo. Damage isn't bad on it and wolf recovers reasonably well.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey do you know what the conditions are to get a back-stagger using Kage's SE ~ f+P? I tried it out a couple of times yesterday... f+P+G ~ f+P ~ uf+K+G ~ d+P+KK, sometimes the f+P would back-stagger, sometimes it just hit normally. Does it have to do with the opponent crouching after the SE... and if so, why is the opponent crouching anyway, if DPK is guaranteed...?

7. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Got a stagger off the f+P into f+K+G, dp and I'm thinking the only diff. is execution time + crouch. It probably comes off as a counter to someone blocking low TA or doing a low move TA -> causing stagger as the f+P hits mid. Then again I might be seeing this wrong...I'll verify tonight...

BTW, ripped that combo from the Kyasao video huh?
    Try this wall combo (I cant pull wheel kick timing with Kage) : <font color=white>Body Blow [FS,d/f+P], P[G], Wall hit, Circle Moon [u/f+K+G], wheel kick [b,f+K], insert TA ground follow up move</font color=white>...Also any tips on knee, helix, knee execution?

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You will only get the back stagger if the opponent crouches, but I don't think the u/f+K+G may even be guaranteed (d/f+P maybe?). The reason is that if the Kage player is late, and against certain characters (I think MWs and Wolf), if the opponent crouch dashes after SE the K bit of the DPK will miss.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Kage's SE followup

This was <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=17962&page=&view=&sb=&o=>originally posted</a> about a month ago:
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

f+P+G
    f+P+G – DPK: Best damage and guaranteed follow-up, sometimes the kick can miss though, especially against Akira.

The kick misses MWs and up if they're crouching after the f+P+G. If you anticipate the crouch, here's a nasty alternative:

* f+P - uf+K+G - d+P+KK, or
    * f+P - f+K+G - DP

The f+P produces a back stagger against a croucher.

<hr></blockquote>

The kick in the DPK missing has nothing to do with Kage's timing, and everything to do with the opponent weight (MW+) and them crouching.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Kage's SE followup

Hmm, so the DPK in the back of a crouching LW would hit in entirety every time? Cool. I remember the K missing against Sarah once, and thought it was because I was late, but maybe it was something weird.

Is the u/f+K+G or f+K+G guaranteed after elbow back stagger?

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Kage's SE followup

Is the u/f+K+G or f+K+G guaranteed after elbow back stagger?

Even though you get the red joystick (struggle now!) indicator, I don't think someone is able to struggle, turn-toward and guard in time. So yeah, it looks pretty much guaranteed the way I see it. Might be worth testing if you get a chance just to be sure.

12. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Are there movies I don't have (I'm sure there are)

But that you guys need a permanent place of storage for? Let me know and I'll add em to my downloads sections, this goes for pictures, etc, you name it.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Are there movies I don't have (I'm sure there are)

Thanks. I'm gonna use this reply to advertise that there are 2 new daioh movies.
    ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/daioh_syouha2.wmv
    People might have noticed that daioh seems to be trying to force you to stream these... stupid. If anyone else wants to be able to right click and save, do this .. make a next text document on your desktop of any name. Copy and paste the following -
    ------------------------------

<html>
    <body>
    <a href=http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~daioh/movie/daioh_syouha1.WMV>right click here</a>

<a href=http://www.rizm.net/UserData/1092/daioh_syouha2.WMV>right click here also</a>
    </body>
    </html>

-----------------
    then use save as, and save it as something.htm (rather than something.txt). Open it up and you'll have a basic web page with two right-clickable links.
    Any time you need to prevent streaming of WMV's, just use the link to the wmv to find the target URL and put that URL after <a href =http://....... >
    If you find movies in real movie or real audio format or something similar, you can use an application called "streambox" to save those. I think streambox is now dead, so message me if you find you have a need for it.

14. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I got #2, I couldn't get #1

You know where to go to get it, I'll try to get #1 up soon

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustedtech.com/portal/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewsdownload&sid=1>Rustedtech Downloads</a>

15. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I got #1

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustedtech.com/portal/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewsdownload&sid=1>Rustetech Downloads</a>

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Yet more flicks.

Got the next two flicks mirrored, as well as the UK avi's and the fighter's net stuff.
    I'm so glad I'm not on dialup. o_O
    I'll also take a second to say that I take requests if someone doesn't like the format something's in - meaning if you can't handle divx I can convert to mpeg, although divx 4.1 was recently released for macintosh so thankfully this shouldn't be necessary. If you're on a modem I can make large mpegs smaller divx's and zip them. It makes a difference, I was able to drop ten megs from one file this way.
    I also wanna take a second to say sorry to all the people I keep cutting off during downloads :/ ... I pretty much have to take my server down to do anything internet related, including downloading new movies. I hope y'all have no trouble resuming broken downloads.

17. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

5 new movies at Rustedtech

The one listed with "b" appear to be the same as the ones without using the same number, just smaller.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustedtech.com/portal/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2>Rustedtech Downloads</a>

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: 5 new movies at Rustedtech

Ahem..it's boxing day down under....I'm sick no parties..no presents....

ANYWAY...three new clips at Daioh...

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The new batch of movies is nice. I should have my mirror back up someday soon, now it looks like before new year's.

Check out aoi's kreepy kabuki kostume.

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Normally there's not much point in updating this thread, as daioh seems committed to at least one flick a day or close to it.

But the latest one (daioh_akeome1.wmv) has aoi vs. akira and akira actually FAILS TO WIN. Of course, this is a 77% akira and not the 90% akira we usually see. And this akira gave mercy when he had aoi close to a RO in one of the later rounds. So hell with that.
    In any case there are some cute aoi tricks that make it worth seeing. It's not on vf.dyndns.org again because that crashed (as usual) but it is mirrored at my old server.