1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Daioh Updates Thread

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Dec 11, 2001.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Yah. I like the black gi. Makes me sorta teary eyed for VF3 *sniff*

In any case there are some cute aoi tricks that make it worth seeing.

I agree. It seems like a nice followup to her inashi would be f+P, P(G-cancel). It leaves 77% Akira with his back turned, and open to a free attack, in this case f+K, K.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it was actually f+P+K, P... here's what's sad about aoi's inashi there.
    f+P+K is dodgeable. If it hits, the followup punch is only guaranteed in some situations. Finally, if she cancels the followup punch, they can dodge anything else (like the knee.

f+K, K is a decent followup to the inashi, get a second one OTB sometimes.

3. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Ouch to Wolf vs. Aoi !! Thats some violent shit she pulled. The 1/3 one ; get it.

4. ghostdog

One nice flowchart the Aoi player used:

b, b+P, d+P-> b, df+P-> f, f+K, K

The Aoi player pulled this off twice and got a perfect round. I think the b, b+P has to hit as an MC.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure b,b+P, d+P is never a combo. It's just a cute flowchart. d+P into b, d/f+P is definitely not a combo, the opponent just reacted and got MC'd for the KD combo. But it's crafty in any case, and that's what aoi needs to be.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

new movie. 6.5 mb. don't dl unless you enjoy witnessing the hopelessness of playing kage (3-0 vs jacky).

new movies from daioh have mostly been crap lately...

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

new daioh clip...Jacky vs Jacky
    DL at ur own risk /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. ghostdog

It's Jacky day at daioh.com!!!!/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif There's a new clip. Jacky vs. Kage

Same ol', same ol', I guess. But one thing did stand out:

In round 1, Jacky escapes Kage's Back Flip Throw (b, d+P+G). Sorry if I got the name wrong. Anyway, Jacky gets the free side throw, like in VF3tb. I thought that the throw escape followup guarantees from VF3 were gone from VF4.

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

No No No
    some throw escapes guarantees a followup..others don't~

10. ghostdog

some throw escapes guarantees a followup..others don't

I know that. That was true in VF3, but I thought I read somewhere on this board that there were no more throw escape guarantees in VF4. Aaarrrgghh....I can't find that post!

Maybe I misread, it happens.

11. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

12. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Maybe this is old news, but I noticed that you can cancel Jacky's swagger "I'm a badass" animation after his b,f+KG now?

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Dave...I'm not at home at the moment...can u tell me which clip u saw this from? I'll go home n double check it~

14. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Jacky, too much Jacky...The horror...
    And whats up with the neon green?

15. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

It's in daioh_aokeme6.wmv, Jacky vs. Kage. In the fourth round about midway through, Kage does f+PG, whiffs an elbow, and Jacky does LP, elbow, then hits Kage b,f+KG, then almost immediately dashes forward afterwards. I'm guessing the animation got cancelled somehow.

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Heh, the last time I mentioned this, I got toasted, but I swear I remember that the recovery at the end of the jerky's fifth lightning kick could be cancelled, which made the lightning kicks good bait. It was probably the crack.

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that's because it was not a Mc, thus the animation did not appear.

In other news, Daioh has three new clips...two Akira vs Jacky, one Jacky vs wolf.

Update: I changed my mind. I am dead sure it's because no Mc took place

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ugh
    Daioh has another new clip
    Akira vs Kage
    witness the sheer piggy-ness n powerful of Akira against a fragile Kage.

19. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

What do you think of the way Neo-Tower plays Jacky
    He uses b,f+K+G so often...
    I think that's pretty risky...(he got punished by that so many times but still keep using it)

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure why he uses bf+K+G so often. I know it hits tech rollers, but... the price you pay if you're wrong...