1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Damage attunement on vf5 fs

Discussion in 'General' started by social_ruin, Aug 17, 2017.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

How do u guys feel about this after many years to adjust? When FS first dropped i have to say, i didn't like the increase in damage. It felt like such a departure to vanilla and in combination with only easy escape it felt almost like a different game. Or it did feel like a different game.

However, over time i adjusted (as we all did). And considering it's 3 rounds to win i've actually came around. I feel overall i like how they put parody in the throw game, even at the cost of skill cap. I like that it has become more meta in that way, i think. I still miss the hours of dojo grinding for MTE but i like the normalization of throws to 3 directions as well. Again, i think. I sure as hell miss being a boss on 3 consistent throw breaks, but i can't really say it's worse or better, just different.

Back on point. At first i was not a fan of the amplified combo damage but i have really done a 180 on this. Side Note: i hate it when people say they did a 360 for a change of direction, a 360 leaves u where u started lol. Now i do not believe i would want to go back to the old vanilla where u needed at least 1 more combo per match to win, if not 2 or 3. The one thing i don't like about this is that is powers up 2p a bit in my opinion. I do like the bigger risk/reward. And in large part because i like knowing i can lose to a weaker player. I actually like knowing that if i'm not playing well i can't just rely on being the better player, but i have to step up or step down. I also like knowing that i can take games off of better players with a well placed abare.

So what are your thoughts?

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    VF has always been a high-damage game, so if anything, low-damage vanilla was a departure (it made matches drag), and I'm glad they changed the damage values back.

Lazy throw escape is super wack though.

beanboy likes this.
  3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

As a chacter with only 4 TE directions, I love having a much higher chance of not having my throws broken with the LTE. It buffed my throws so much.

4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Hell i could only do at the most 2 possible escape attempts with mte. And even that was pushing it.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I personally think the damage is fine for the most part in general gameplay. It's a nothing complaint but I kinda wish they changed the damage values and kept the lifebar at 200 rather than increasing it to 220 to make things work in FS.