Damage Scaling Oddities

Discussion in 'Console' started by Robyrt, May 6, 2002.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

1. Training mode doesn't count some guaranteed pounce situations as guaranteed (like Sarah's b+K+G). I don't think those can be struggled out of, but since you could have started escaping, it resets the combo meter. Oh well, less damage scaling is good. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. (CPU set not to TR) Lei: IN d+K -> DM K -> d+P+K+G, DM P,P+K -> df,df+PP does 72 damage. Adding a df+K ground hit at the end brings the damage DOWN to 71. To boot, the ground hit doesn't have a damage number beside it. Can anybody tell me what's going on?

3. I think training mode counts strugglable stagger "combos" as real combos, notably Lion's df+P+G -> df+PP. Since it also counts guaranteed throws as combos, you can get some crazy stuff like Wolf: charged MC P+K -> b+P -> P+G (wall) -> f+K -> u+P for 160 damage. That's more than following the b+P with a KS, folks, and less likely to be escaped /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. Training mode doesn't count some guaranteed pounce situations as guaranteed (like Sarah's b+K+G). I don't think those can be struggled out of, but since you could have started escaping, it resets the combo meter. Oh well, less damage scaling is good.

weird, I was noticing recently that there's definitely damage scaling on pounces, and that training mode registered pounces as part of a combo, tho I think it was a wall situation, not a slam combo.

Anyway a common jeff wall combo I do, knee, P, d+P, PPP sometimes causes the 'correct' bounce off the wall, for a free pounce. The pounce does a dinky little nick of damage, nothing like the damage I see after b+P, u+P.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

From what i notice when playing with my friends, pounce from most wall combos seem to do alot less damage(cannot TR).

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

When it's part of a wall combo, the pounce is included in the damage scaling (hence why it does ~10 damage for some of the big floats), but as part of a slam, it's not. Heck, even Aoi's combo #4 in trial mode (which ends with a df+P+K slam to df+P+G) isn't counted as guaranteed.