1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Damage Scaling Oddities

Discussion in 'Console' started by Robyrt, May 6, 2002.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

1. Training mode doesn't count some guaranteed pounce situations as guaranteed (like Sarah's b+K+G). I don't think those can be struggled out of, but since you could have started escaping, it resets the combo meter. Oh well, less damage scaling is good. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. (CPU set not to TR) Lei: IN d+K -> DM K -> d+P+K+G, DM P,P+K -> df,df+PP does 72 damage. Adding a df+K ground hit at the end brings the damage DOWN to 71. To boot, the ground hit doesn't have a damage number beside it. Can anybody tell me what's going on?

3. I think training mode counts strugglable stagger "combos" as real combos, notably Lion's df+P+G -> df+PP. Since it also counts guaranteed throws as combos, you can get some crazy stuff like Wolf: charged MC P+K -> b+P -> P+G (wall) -> f+K -> u+P for 160 damage. That's more than following the b+P with a KS, folks, and less likely to be escaped /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. Training mode doesn't count some guaranteed pounce situations as guaranteed (like Sarah's b+K+G). I don't think those can be struggled out of, but since you could have started escaping, it resets the combo meter. Oh well, less damage scaling is good.

weird, I was noticing recently that there's definitely damage scaling on pounces, and that training mode registered pounces as part of a combo, tho I think it was a wall situation, not a slam combo.

Anyway a common jeff wall combo I do, knee, P, d+P, PPP sometimes causes the 'correct' bounce off the wall, for a free pounce. The pounce does a dinky little nick of damage, nothing like the damage I see after b+P, u+P.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

From what i notice when playing with my friends, pounce from most wall combos seem to do alot less damage(cannot TR).

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

When it's part of a wall combo, the pounce is included in the damage scaling (hence why it does ~10 damage for some of the big floats), but as part of a slam, it's not. Heck, even Aoi's combo #4 in trial mode (which ends with a df+P+K slam to df+P+G) isn't counted as guaranteed.