1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Daredevil + Pheonix Ranks

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by XtremeGOH, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dunno why napoleon is phonex???? , his A.I. sucks compared to some other jacky a.i.'s in quest mode, and they aren't even champions!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Daredevil Akira really sucks. I have beaten him every time we've fought. But yet, every time I face Error404 (Sarah) I get manhandled. And she's only a slayer. I think the reason some of the lower rank opponents are harder to beat is b/c we expect them to play better than they are and we overcompensate with advanced tactics and get MCed all over the place. I sometimes find myself beating Gladiators and such using multiple sidekicks but get creamed every time I do a circular in anticipation of an EDTEG. I guess I think too much. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, just a few days ago I finished Quest mode standard difficulty with my Kage. All the AI's, items, Champion rank, etc, etc. Not bragging, just showing that even a complete noob can win in Quest. Lots of practice, though, seeing as I had never played a VF before. Work hard and it will get easier. Much easier. I now have a 88+% win record against the stupid AI, and I only play at Sega World East now. I can't wait to get raped by some human players. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The_DES said:

<font color="white"> Are you playing in beginner mode? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No

3. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

I read somewhere that if you have a high loss % at some point the ranks split and you can become a daredevil and pheonix. Yes, im talking about evo. but I think that info is false anyway

4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Stop being a crackhead.

5. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

Stop being an asshole.

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Uber_Soldat said:

I read somewhere that if you have a high loss % at some point the ranks split and you can become a daredevil and pheonix. Yes, im talking about evo. but I think that info is false anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Why to put it here then? Those ranks were btw ACTUAL ranks awarded for Ohsu and so called Freeloader for winning in national tournaments. No player in PS2 Evo can achieve them.

7. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Neonomide said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Uber_Soldat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Why to put it here then? Those ranks were btw ACTUAL ranks awarded for Ohsu and so called Freeloader for winning in national tournaments. No player in PS2 Evo can achieve them.

[/ QUOTE ]In case one of you could prove me wrong

8. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

you can get them via gameshark and codebreakers. im pretty sure i saw this kid at a tournament witha pheonix akira. on top of that, ive heard this cheat tons of times already so it must be true, and if it isnt, oh well, i perfer champion anyways.

9. hamada

hamada Member

I remember that someone wrote that you can get the ranks with the action replay.
    So if anyone knows the codes or a link please tell me.

10. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    U want to use AR/Gameshark devices in the first place? Why not get a code which can give you any rank you want to name? Hohoho!

11. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

On the topic i saw a Sarah in an english match with the rank "Toshin" (God of fighting). I guess the ranks are also editable by Gameshark?

12. JetLancer

JetLancer Well-Known Member

Can anyone post the codes that allow you to have "special" ranks? I really want to change my akira from champion to something different.