1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Discussion in 'General' started by SanFran_MAN, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Anyone here think this will be a good game to play, or just another market based item from Capcom to get more sales?

2. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Is this the re-release? If so, yeah, it's a good game.

Not to sure about the new one that is rumored though. I'll be too busy playing VF6, either way.

3. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    I'm no competitive player, but I see Darkstalker's Revenge and Darkstalkers 3 (jap: Vampire Hunter & Vampire Saviour) as legit fighting games. Character balance is pretty good. Darkstalkers 3 was even going to next Evo.

The first Darkstalkers games were in particular real innovators of 2D fighting genre. They got pretty much first stuff like multiple super meters, guard cancels, ES/EX moves, chain combos etc. So the hopes are pretty high for the brand new Darkstalkers game. I'm no Capcom fan nowadays but new Darkstalkers makes me really excited. Some top players like Daigo got into Fgames via Darkstalkers I understand.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'll be double-dipping when DS: Res comes out. I love me some Vampire Hunter & Vampire Savior, its my favorite fighting game series just under VF.

I know Ono is working on the new game, can't say I'm too hyped over it until I see it in action. Some people are saying SFxT could possibly be an early prototype for it since it has chain/target combos.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I think the Darkstalkers series is my secret favorite 2D fighter series

6. LockCrow

LockCrow Member

PSN:
    LockCrow
    yo a thread about Darkstalkers Resurrection, the best 2D Fighting Game Ever?

yo DS, let me tell you guys something about DS

F******* GREAT!!(end)

7. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

I see it more as capcom bringing it back for the fans and to introduce new players to the source material before the next Vampire game.

That aside I haaaaate download only games and Japan is getting a disk release of resurection. So if anyone is interested in owning a physical copy you can always import.

8. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Honestly the first ever DS game that I have played and owned was the chaos tower for PSP and I was blown away on how fun this game was.

9. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

DS3 was my first and I instantly fell in love with Talbain. One of my favorite attacks, Dark force (I forget if it's power or change, whichever gets you into his mirage mode) into ES Million Flicker. It's a monster combo all on it's own, easy to time and devastating. Even more so if you use it to end a combo.

I need that game again.