1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour fan discussion topic. :)

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Apr 17, 2019.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Alright!:D
    So a few weeks ago, after many years, I played Dark Stalkers aka Vampire Saviour, for the dreamcast. Moreso, on reicast emulator, for android. That game is alot of fun. And the characters in that game, are really diverse too.

So any of you guys play, or are fans of Morrigan, Felicia and the Dark Stalkers crew?

PS: Yeah, I know. Alot of gamers didn't know, that game was on the dreamcast console.
    And it even had online play too. For those who didn't know....it was called, Vampire Chronicles For Matchmaking Service. Yeah, I know that is a strange name, for a fighting game. Lol!:p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. beanboy

Okay. So I played Vampire Chronicles aka. Dark Stalkers, again the other day.
    I was trying out the character, called Lei Lei aka. Hsien Ko. She is really fun to play.:D

But some of her button combination super moves, are hard to do sometimes.
    Eg. LK, HK, MP, MP, up
    Holy crap! That super move is hard to pull off, most of the time.:p
    But oddly enough, I am able to pull off, Morrigan's button combination super move, MP, LP, back, LK, MK with ease.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Jason Elbow likes this.
  3. beanboy

I beat it with Lilith a few days ago. She is fun to play.

Then after midnight last night, I beat the game with Victor.
    Victor is a good character. Some of moves are weird, like his butt attack and his butt shocker moves. Yes, he attacks with his butt.:eek:
    He is like a fast Zangief in this game.

But boy, that boss dude Jedah is cheap. Even on easy mode, Jedah is a super beast and you're in for a tough battle.

4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yeah i cant do that move either with Hsien Ko either. I play with Lord Raptor/ Zabel. Hes like a speedy Dhalsim in that game.

beanboy likes this.
  5. beanboy

You play Raptor/Zabel? Interesting.
    Yeah, he is really fast. And I agree, he is kinda like a speedy Dhalsim too.

6. beanboy

I beat it with Victor a few times, the other day.
    I will admit, Victor is a really good character to play.
    Electric punches, electric kicks, dash in big head butt etc.
    But those butt attacks and his butt super are hilarious.:ROTFL:

7. beanboy

That fish man called Aulbath/Rikuo is cool.
    I beat the game with him, twice last week.

8. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I liked Bishamon or Oboro Bishamon more at the time. However, like every FG, it was random select.

beanboy likes this.
  9. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Lord Raptor all day. Like Dhalsim but waay faster. And BB Hood to cuz I like hitting dude's wit da burna! Lol

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    beanboy likes this.
  10. beanboy

I played him the other day, in training mode.
    Holy crap! That guy is fast! Super disturbingly creepy and cheap too.:holla:

11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yep! He even has a unlockable after his EX Guard Cancel if you do Jumping LK!!

12. beanboy

What da heck? Interesting.:holla:

13. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yeah. There are alot of unlockables in that game.

beanboy likes this.
  14. beanboy

I played Hsien Ko the other day, in training mode. She is alot of fun.
    I finally discovered her bomb move. That thing not only damages her opponent, but even damages her too, if she is near it.:holla:

15. beanboy

I think I'll try out that Dimitri character soon. Strangely, he kinda reminds me of Kazuya Mishima.

16. beanboy

I was watching a playthrough of Vampire Hunter 2 the other day. I will admit, alot of the stages in Vampire Hunter, look better than the ones in Vampire Saviour.

I like Bishamon's snow stage in Hunter. Two little girls cooking and eating soup, in an egg shaped Hut outside in the snow, on a snowy village hilltop.

And the Sasquatches village stage is hilarious, when you look at the silliness, going on in the background. Lol!

Aulbaths tropical stage with the broken boat is really amazing. Imagine a 3d version of that stage. That would look awesome.

And Pyrons stage with the sun portal, and morphing green jewel is amazing too. The animations on that morphing jewel are really well done. It's sad you don't see cool stages, and stuff like that in games anymore. The 90's really were a time, of cool ideas and cool games, and fighting games.

Neonomide likes this.
  17. beanboy

That Bishamon samurai dude is kinda cool. Too bad they didn't give him, a Sho Ryu Ken sword uppercut move though.

18. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

beanboy likes this.
  19. beanboy

@Stl_Tim
    Interesting. I'll check out that move when I play later. Thanks.

20. beanboy

Sometime the week before last week, I beat the game twice with Bishamon. The last boss Jedah was a struggle, but after a few tries, I ended up beating him, using a cheap risky tactic I discovered.