1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Date of north american release?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just want to know when the vf4 machine is gonna be released in N.A. I`ve heard people say september, but on other sites the official word is november........and thats soo faar off. I dunno if i can hold out that long. Plus, since theyve already introduced a VF4.1, are we gonna get THAT machine, or what?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I just hope we end up getting what is close to (if not exactly) the final version of the game. I guess I don't mind the wait (it'll at least spare me of going into debt for awhile).

I'm wondering how many updates they're going to do to the game itself....

-Chanchai

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I hope we get at least version B. Also, since the software is on a GD-ROM, are all purchasers of VF4 machines entitled to free version upgrades...? Just wondering...

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so.

The beauty of CD based arcades (well, so I'm guessing, I don't really know how everything works, but I'm taking my own guesses on it). Don't know if the upgrades would be free, but they should be fairly inexpensive? (Probably only wishful thinking).

-Chanchai

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

On Sega's official website, it seems like all arcades that purchased VF4 are able to swap out their GDROMs for ver.B from now till September. Also, VF4 datacards need to be reformatted/repurchased or something in order to work with ver.B.

(BTW, based on VF.net accumulated data (ver.A), Jacky, Lau and Wolf had the highest win ratios, IIRC.)

Don't know what this means for the NA scene though... maybe SoA might have a similar policy when the final version actually gets here? *crosses fingers*
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by FeixaQ on 08/20/01 12:39 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Who the hell are you **DONOTDELETE**???????!!!!!!!!