1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DC PAL VF3TB

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Myke, Oct 18, 1999.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This question is mainly for the UK folk. I understand that the PAL DC was released a few days ago? Have any of you checked out the PAL version of VF3TB? Is it letterboxed and/or slower than the NTSC version? I've been reassured by the Dreamcast Communications Manager here in Sydney that the PAL version (of TB) will not be a 2nd rate NTSC conversion.

Can you confirm?

<pre>__
    Myke
    </pre>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I acknowledge your request and I'll try to write a little from what I remeber after playing it at the exhibition. Can't do it right now, but we're not ignoring you :)

The Prince.

3. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Hi Myke,

I've got the PAL VF3tb in the office. I'll give it a little playtest and tell you my thoughts.

Regards

UK Guy

Yomi is the key.

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Heh, thanks guys, I'll be looking forward to your reports. I'm just a few days away from either buying a PAL DC or importing an NTSC one. The key factor for me is how PAL VF3tb version plays, and I refuse to buy something 2nd rate. BTW, I did read the ECTS report and I wasn't too pleased with the impressions you gave. But I felt I needed to ask about the PAL version again since I wasn't convinced that you saw the final version.

<pre>__
    Myke
    </pre>

5. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Myke,

The PAL version of VF3tb is poor. It runs at 50fps and has ugly black borders. It does however have the vs mode and a 'slightly' improved training mode. If you have the choice then go for the US version.

Regards

UK Guy

Yomi is the key.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, if it's about wether you should buy a NTSC version or PAL then without any doubt at all, I would say NTSC, I have imported NTSC only and I would never get a PAL, because never mind what they say. IT IS second rate, there are borders and it plays slower, simple! The characters look a little squashed to. As always. Even though the PALification isn't as bad as Playstation games etc, it's not acceptable to me.

Just depends how hardcore you are into your games.

I hope this helps and maybe UK-Guy will be able to help you with his report too.

The Prince.

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks guys! My mind is now made up, although I can't help but feel a little pissed off at how VF3tb was advertised here. I had read documents with my own eyes claiming that it was optimised to run at 60hz, and would run at full screen. I heard from representatives from OziSoft (the distributor for all things Sega in this country) reassure me that it would be run at full screen with no slow-down. What a load of bullshit! I knew it was too good to be true.

Now to find a good import store.

<pre>__
    Myke
    </pre>