1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DC Versions

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 8, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi! I've got 2 questions for U all!

Q1) What is the difference between the US, Asian, Japanese and UK versions of the DC? Which is the best among the rest? Most importantly, which version will play VF3tb the best of all?

Q2) Are there any web sites with media on VF2 Arcade? All pages I've seen are on Saturn only. Pls tell me!

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The American version is the best by far.

ice-9 | Sennin

3. Guest

Guest Guest

So the US Version is the best. But doesn't the NTSC thingies or voltage or even different plug types contradict all over the world? Will the US version only be playable in the US and countries with similar specifications? I know this sounds confusing but it could help save a DC from blowing out due to excess flow of electricity.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Where are you located? It's the machine that matters, not the software (although you'd want to purchase the appropriate version for the appropriate format).

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If you really must know, I live on sunny Singapore. And one thing, on what you just mentioned above, ice-9, does it matter if ya play a Japanese game on the US version!? From what I know, the local video game shop says that versions cannot be counter-used on each other, and they mentioned something about a chip that could make Jap and US games both playable on one console.... Thanx in advance anyway for you notice to this...

6. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

You're Singaporean ?? Cool !!!! I assume that you're still a beginner at this game ? If you're looking for players, or teachers, look me up here. /images/icons/smile.gif We're more than willing to teach any new players. Contact me at Rulakird@Hotmail.Com. /images/icons/smile.gif

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Several import places are now selling modded Dreamcasts that can play US/Japan or US/PAL or Japan/PAL. If your budget allows for it, I would definitely pick up a US/Japan Dreamcast. I don't think these stores will take in existing Dreamcasts for modification though--you'd have to buy a new one from them.

Otherwise, however, it's a balancing act on your part. I'm not really sure what the Singaporean scene is like--do stores sell American games? Or are they primarily Japanese? The American version of VF3tb is best, but I'm assuming you're buying the Dreamcast for more than just VF3tb. If that's the case, buy the format that is most supported. Or if you REALLY like RPGs and can't stand playing games that you don't understand, get an American version.

ice-9 | Sennin

8. Guest

Guest Guest

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Modded DCs? So where can I get one? Please elaborate more. As for Rulakir, are you Malay? Where do you play? I usually play at Jurong Entertainment Centre's Paco Funworld once in a while.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member