1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Mengde

Mengde Member

Is this any good on PS4 for 20 dollars ? I have actually played DoA1 , 2 and 3. Never owned them just went through em with my friends. How do VF's characters play in this ?

2. def

def Well-Known Member

You could get Core Fighters which is a free 2 play version of the game. If you decide to buy the "full" game for $40, you will have nearly all of the Vaniall DOA5 DLC already in and a good amount of the DOA5 Ultimate DLC as well. There are also 2 $92 DLC Packs, one with all DLC's released before DOA5 LR started releasing new ones and the other for almost all DLC coming for Last Round, the only exception is the pre-order DLC which you can get all for $25 I think it is.

Since Sarah is my main, i can't really say for the other 3, but some of Sarah's moves are triggered with a different command than in VF5 games.

Also if you are constantly switching between VF and DOA, you might find yourself doing the holds (reversals) in VF if you get a little too used to playing in DOA.

And you found the whole game for $20, not $40. I say buy it. I LOVE this series, I remember i got DOA2 on PS2 for around $15 BRAND NEW and i poured tons of hours into it. It was my very first DOA game when new to the series.

Force_of_Nature likes this.
  3. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    If I could sell you my copy with all the content and everything for $5 I would.

4. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    How would people rate VF characters in DOA? I don't know about the other three, but I remember @MarlyJay specifically mentioning Jacky being faster during strings compared to VF.

5. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama

DOA5 Last Round Akira combo video by Emperor Cow.

Rodnutz likes this.
  6. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
  7. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Rodnutz likes this.
  8. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Didn't want to double post lol.

@Rodnutz

Sorwah and Rodnutz like this.
  9. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

YES! Loving that last round against Gen Fu, because I seriously hate that character. Man he was so mind fucked in those last few seconds. Fuzzy guard for the win!!!!!

DestructionBomb likes this.
  10. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Thanks to a number of votes, MC Kwiggle and XCalibur BladeZ are selected to represent North America for the Dead or Alive Festival in Tokyo, Japan

11. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    I do hope they make it entertaining. Every time those guys are on stream I end up getting bored and fire up an acho or kohatsu video instead.

12. def

def Well-Known Member

13. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Wow.... I see quite alot of familiar names here.:oops:

14. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    So who's going to Absolute Battle 6?

15. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Okay, so MC Kwiggle wins the DOA Festival. TeruRock and Gehaktbal are going to NEC in December.

Other information:
    • Balance Patch, New Stage (Fireworks) coming on August 11.
    • New character and second new stage coming next year.
    • Collab Costume DLC announced, including Tatsunoko (2016), Schoolgirl Strikers, and more.
    • Marie Rose Red Bull 5G costume will be available sometime soon.

Rodnutz likes this.
  16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Watched the stream. Lots of great matches, but I knew Kwiggles was gonna take it the moment I found out he was going. He is just on a level most players aren't right now. Also loved how he grew in that short amount of time and started adopting JP evasion tech to his game.

Shouts out to @Sorwah for winning the cosplay contest. He really is the living incarnation of Bass. That pic of him holding up Tina is awesome.

[​IMG]

17. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Score one for daddy! I had to say that.

Rodnutz likes this.
  18. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    Oh, wonderful! More buffs for my characters!

19. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Mr. Wah is 1:1 scale version of the character.

Rodnutz likes this.
  20. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Another new Character..... and a Balance Patch..... out of all the times to not have Wi-Fi.:cry:

Pai~Chun likes this.