1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 6

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jun 8, 2018.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I was watching Max and the doods, playing the DOA6 demo
    moreso Simmons, because he is a huge fan of the game.
    And I was looking at the character roster, in the select screen.

I wonder how many characters, are team ninja planning to put in
    the game total? Including possible dlc characters etc.

PS: They were playing DOA6 demo, on Yovideogames.

2. def

def Well-Known Member

So Mai from KOF is a guest character returning in DOA6, any chance of VF characters returning? I don't care if I have to pay for them, I really want them back.

Coroo likes this.
  3. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

If VF guest characters come back again in DOA, that would mean there is no new game incoming from SEGA and it's clearly the end of VF...

4. def

def Well-Known Member

I always fantasized if VF6 came, and they can bring DOA characters, such as Tina and Jann Lee (Sarah's and Jacky's DOA counterparts and instead of Akira's DOA counterpart, Kokoro, they add his DOA poster child counterpart, Kasumi)

I asked same question on gamefaqs, and someone said it's unlikely since Sega helped with DOA5.

5. PERFECTCOMBO

PERFECTCOMBO Member

PSN:
    L1VE_STREAM_PC
    XBL:
    PERFECT COMBOX
    I would like that, heck make the vf team create Doa.

6. Sonic The Fighters

What about the VF team to create VF6 ?

beanboy likes this.
  7. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

wat

8. Sonic The Fighters

Because DOA and Tekken and VF are directly 3D fighting games competitors...

You just don't give your characters in another fighting game (direct 3D competitor) if you plan to release a new game of your series soon, that's just logic.

DOA 4 and VF5 were around 2005-2006 right ?

Then later came DOA5 and DOA5 Ultimate with VF guest characters.

VF5FS is not really a new game it's just an update, just like DOA5U and DOA5LR.

That's why DOA5 could have a lot of (iconic btw) VF guest characters, cause there was no new VF game.

But if with DOA6, if the story repeats and VF guest characters come back once again, that would simply mean there is no VF6 incoming... and maybe even more guest this time lol (Akira, Pai, Sarah, Jacky, Kage, Vanessa, ... ).

But i think a lot and too much VF characters would be bad for DOA. I'm for that DOA stays DOA and VF stays VF.

each fighting game with his own original roster, that's so much better like that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    beanboy likes this.
  9. Sonic The Fighters

Btw, almost 15 years and...

3 DOA games

3 or 4 Tekken games

1 VF game

It's just sad.

Rodnutz, beanboy and WolfKing like this.
  10. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    The deluxe demo is available now until the 24th, was playing a bit last night and I felt it was better than 5 in some aspects.

What I liked:

Music is so much better, absolutely blows DOA5 soundtrack out the water.

Some cool mechanical changes mostly for show.

Presentation overall is better than 5.

What I hated:

Jann Lee STILL sounds like a strangled chicken, like someone is trying to do a bad impression of a bad Bruce Lee impression. Wish they gave the option for classic voices.

No Tag Mode (at least at launch) which is a real shame as it was my favourite mode from the previous games.

Too few costumes from the start with a bunch of recolours, would have been better to select costume and then select colour. Once again the women get many more costumes and variety than the men.

Overall it's alright I'm sort of 50/50 at this point and may end up getting it when it's in the bargain bin.

11. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Woootaaaaaah!!!!

12. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    VF is an offline game and FS is a fitting way to end the franchise. VF4 EVO > VF5 > FS. VF6 wouldn't buck that trend.

13. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Decided to put my thoughts into a video:

Quality is really terrible though, last time I download my stream from Mixer :(

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  14. Sonic The Fighters

I think you missed the point about Diego...

He is like Jacky (stupid name, annoying, and generic, cheesy af)

So bad that's why it's good :D

While some characters try to be too serious and perfect, but it doesn't really work and no care.

15. def

def Well-Known Member

I'll admit I'm looking forward to the full game for the gameplay. I do miss the VF characters being in it. The new S button attacks have grown on me, I was skeptical at first. I really like the music in this. Reminds me of Bloody Roar's.

16. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Thats kinda always been the point lol.

17. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    They should have had Aoi and Kage in DOA 5. It makes perfect sense. In a game centered around counters, sexual appeal and ninjas, Aoi and Kage should have been top pick. Then Akira (The face of VF) and Jacky (second face of VF). Although i'll admit, Aoi would have been broken as shit! Lol

jimi Claymore and MadeManG74 like this.
  18. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Also Aoi is the prime wifu of VF. This is law!

19. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

#2 for me after Vanessa.

20. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Sorry, I had to close the video at "NiCO is more interesting, her design is more interesting".