1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 6

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jun 8, 2018.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Wow! People are making alot of mods for DOA6.

2. beanboy

Update: This has not been confirmed yet.

But rumour has it that tecmo is working on DOA7.

3. def

def Well-Known Member

oh really? I'm still hoping for an updated port of DOA6 for the newer systems.
    Where did you hear this rumor?

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

Sorry I took so long to respond.

There are a few people, randomly talking about it in youtube comments. For now, it seems to be just rumours, but apparently, from what I mysteriously found out a few months ago, tecmo is apparently going to revive DOA6, sometime in the next few months this year, with a lets revive DOA6 event campaign thingy in the upcoming months, accompanied with probably a few new dlc characters, or costumes or both. I hope the rumour info is true, because the game has been silent for too long.

As for DOA7, there is a strong suspicion by a few fans including myself, that Tecmo is secretly working on it. But if the rumours are somewhat true, especially the one above with the DOA6 event, they will obviously deny it if people ask them. I was going to ask them on twitter, but something told me not to.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    def likes this.
  5. def

def Well-Known Member

I was surprised how quickly DOA6 came and gone compared to DOA5 which got multiple updated releases plus all the DLC that came with it. If it DOA6 returns, I hope they re-add the VFers. It be nice if they add tag mode back but I feel that might be tricky with the (i forget the name) power moves.

beanboy likes this.
  6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Team Ninja tried to swindle the DOA6 community by charging them for character hair dye. And the the DOA6 community didn't go for that bull$#it , So Tecmo/Team Ninja pulled the plug on the live service. and killed DOA6:whistle:

It is likely Tecmo( Team Ninja) is looking for some kind of NFT scheme to find a way to hustle DOA 7.

"We've found that there is a market for this combination of nostalgia and recreation" said company spokesperson Fakati Persono. "Our characters will be located on the blockpass chain which will lead to non-fungable Tecmo (NFTs)"

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8380...mers-think-its-money-making-scheme/index.html

https://www.polygon.com/22906525/ubisoft-gamers-dont-get-nfts-interview

https://thedefiant.io/team17-nfts-gamers-opposition/

If the next Virtua Fighter has anything like an NFT in it, they've lost my support for good.:cool:

7. beanboy

Yeah. Hopefully they continue support of DOA6.

For their sake, hopefully they don't do that. It they do that NFT thing, that could back fire on them, and possibly destroy the DOA franchise.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    GustavoHeisenberg and masterpo like this.
  8. beanboy

Interestingly, Gabe Newell banned NFT's, and other odd sketchy stuff on steam. I think he might have realized something fishy about it. People are even commending him for doing it too.

masterpo likes this.
  9. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I gained more respect for Gabe Newell when he banned NFTs:)

10. beanboy

Yeah, same here. Now he needs to make Half Life 3.

11. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Umm no they stopped supporting it because sales of the dlc were much lower than expected and sales figures in general were low.

This is from a fake article located here https://tecmobowl.org/main/tecmo-ne...gmented-reality-mobile-game-tecmo-go-bo-r201/

You might want to do a little research next time, I mean "Fakati Persono" means fake person
    Brucelaugh.gif

masterpo likes this.
  12. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :):D:LOL::ROTFL::holla:

Sales were lower than expected and sale figures in general were low, because

In some universes, cause does precede effect:meh:

13. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    No Po you said

Essentially what you're saying is Tecmo tried to swindle the fans and so the fans retaliated by not buying the dlc. The truth of the matter is that sales figures were low and it had NOTHING to do with hair dyes. Certainly the hair dye issue split the community but it wasn't the reason the game didn't do as well as Team Ninja hoped.

TN got many things wrong with DOA6, I think the community in general just wants something a little different. Sweat, blood and bruising is cool and all but it's been seen and done before (some would argue better too)

Then there's the new characters who just weren't that interesting, some Japanese devs have no idea what western fans really want.

Then there's the whole costume nonsense where unlocking the very few that were included just wasn't fun at all.

It's a shame because I do love the series and it makes me worry about it's future.

masterpo likes this.
  14. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Agreed! We're on the same page here.

I do think some of the disenchantment was pre-existing from the bad taste that was left by all of the DLC nonsense that was in DOA5LR . (What was the final cost, if all of the DLC was purchased :mad:) Many players felt that Tecmo just took it all too far. And was hoping for something different with DOA6 . The DOA6 launch was shaky, The lobby issue:eek: Some of the lollipop stuff was poorly timed as well.

I don't talk about it much. But I am definitely a fan of the DOA series. Have been since DOA 2 Hardcore. Thought DOA5 and DOA5LR were pretty decent and a I play them all to this day.

But this turning fighting games into a service is just the wrong way to go. Sure DLC is fine within reason. But the idea of shipping a fighting game as a bare bones skeleton, and then milking the community for the fighters and the customization that used come with the initial game is a hustle.

15. beanboy

I played DOA 2 alot on the sega dreamcast. Boy was that game alot of fun. I wish it had more characters though. 24 characters plus would have made me happy.:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  16. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    What I originally loved about the series was how each game was trying to completely outdo the last one. They were taking an idea (danger zones) and then expanding upon them by a hundred.

With 6 it seemed like more of the same with added sweat and blood effects.

17. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    As players we often want more, or something new. I dunno but maybe at some point games reach their definitive version and don't need to change any more.. For example chess, is chess, is chess. The moves are what they are, the board is what it is, the pieces are what they are. From time to time a new look for the pieces is tried,(I have a Transformers Chess game :ROTFL:) but the types of pieces never change, the board never changes, the moves never change.

Pacman, is Pacman. It has reached its definitive version. Galaga is Galaga. Madden is Madden, Tetris is Tetris. Gran Turismo, Need for Speed have basically reached their definitive versions. New cars can be introduced and a new stage here and there but the basics are what they are. They've all reached their definitive versions. ;)

Maybe arcade fighting games like Virtua Fighter and DOA have reached their definitive version and by changing them we just end up with diminishing returns. :rolleyes:

I dunno, maybe its not a good idea to want perpetual change in a video game. Maybe once a game has reached its definitive version it only needs to be ported to the current gen gaming system what ever that is;) And if we want something different we perhaps should just look for a different game:oops:

AFAIC Sega could have just ported Virtua Fighter 5 in its entirety to PS4, PS5, PC, XBL etc. Or they could have combined VF3tb, VF4EVO and VF5 called it Virtua Fighter the Ultimate edition and just continue to port the ultimate editions as is to current gen and next gen gaming systems. :cool:

18. beanboy

I think that if they continue DOA6, or decide to release DOA7, they should bring in all of the characters from their beach games, into the game. Alot of those characters look really cool, despite all or most of them, being girls.

19. beanboy

Some of the mods for DOA6 look nice though. Good to see their community is still enthusiastic about DOA.

20. beanboy

Okay, so a few weeks now, there is some rumour on twitter, talking about Tecmo cancelling DOA7 development. Hopefully, this news is fake.

All of a sudden, I remember the rumour post I made above.^ :holla: