1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[December 11th] North America VF Minor League

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Oct 18, 2022.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Slide3.JPG
    Last Updated: November 18, 2022
    • Upcoming Minor League Sessions
    • Past Minor League Sessions
      • November 13, 12 PM CST: Tonamel / 8 people - Top Minor Leaguers CG_Sonicboom (LE) and Blurring (VA)
      • November 6, 12 PM CST: Tonamel / 5 People - Top Minor Leaguer GTea (SH)
      • October 30, 12 PM CDT: Tonamel / 3 People - Top Minor Leaguer GTea (SH)
      • October 23, 12 PM CDT: Tonamel / 4 people - Top Minor Leaguer CG_Sonicboom (LE)
      • October 21, 7 PM CDT: Tonamel / 4 people - Top Minor Leaguer SonicTHP (LI)
    OVERVIEW
    Do you have trouble finding matches with people of similar skill level? Have you tried league match with simultaneous play? I think one of best features of VF5US is the simultaneous league match. It allows a maximum of 16 players to get together and play with minimal wait time. So I am attempting to organize league events for a wider VF audience.

If you would like to play Virtua Fighter in a group setting, then please try out the North America VF Minor League (PSN online Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown)!

This first phase of the Minor League is intended for novice/lower level players. If there is demand, I intend to host weekly Minor League sessions on Sundays, even if it is just 2 people that signed up! If the Minor League is successful there are plans to expand it into a multi-level league system.

If you do not meet the level requirements and is interested in league play, try out the weekly Open League Sunday Sessions that I host please!

REQUIREMENTS
    1. For players in the North America region.
      1. New Participants - If you are a new participant in the Minor League - Level 29 or Lower Ranked Players. Your highest ranked character cannot be above Level 29.
      2. Previous Participants - If you have previously participated in the Minor League, there are no rank prerequisites. You can continue to participate in the Minor League until you are promoted or graduated from it.
    2. Wired Connection - If you switch between wired and wireless connection, you will have to also toggle the option in the PS4 menu. If the connection is poor amongst participants, I have the option to remove participant from the league.

LEAGUE FORMAT
    1. Room League Match, simultaneous play setting.
    2. 3 out of 5 rounds, random stage setting
    3. If there is an odd number of players, there is one league round bye for every player (~3 minute break).
    4. The number of matches played against each player depends on number of players participating.
    Minor League 1030edit2.jpg

DAY OF THE EVENT DETAIL
    1. I will use PSN Group Chat and Twitch stream to communicate with participants before and during league.
    2. Invites to the room will happened 15 minutes before the start time of the league.
    3. In the situation, in which players failed to check-in 15 minutes before start time, the spot may be given to other players.
    4. The league runs non-stop until the last match is finished.
    5. The league continues even if power outage or network issues caused you to exit from the game. Unfortunately, the VF Netcode Gods, Spirits, or Gremlins were unkind to you.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    VFnumbers and Tha_FeauchA like this.
  2. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

I'm entering

3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    ...I will put you into a league of your own :p

On a more serious note, I never know if or how many people will shop up to the online leagues. I'm glad that both Friday and Sunday sessions have a couple people signing up already though! Hopefully more will sign-up / participate by the time I start the session (can sign-up right before I start invites, 15 minutes before the start time).

Cheesy line from baseball lore...."If you build it, [they] will come"...I hope that is true!

4. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    This is a great thing to have.

For new or players that aren't too familiar with the fighting system, the regular leagues can be daunting, and suck to play. Especially when you feel like you don't know what's happening most of the time. Everyone has a limit where that's just not fun anymore. So you have to know what you're getting into.

Hopefully after a few weeks this thing will be at least a little lively.

akai likes this.
  5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Watched some of the stream. Was cool to see them being able to play at their speed and have some good back and forth games. Some of those matches even went down to the last round and the last hit.

akai likes this.
  6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks to the participants in the first 2 minor league sessions and to everyone that helped spread the word about it. Really appreciate it!
    • Angry_Lil_Tuna
    • SonicTHP
    • GTea
    • Blurring
    • CG Sonicboom
    I have updated the first post and also added the next Minor League session:
    General feedback from participants has been positive. Now that we got a couple leagues in, the goal is to keep building upon it.

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Top Minor Leaguer for October 30th was GTea.

Updated the first post with the next two Minor League sessions:
    • Friday, November 4, 7 PM CDT: Tonamel
    • Sunday, November 6, 12 PM CDT: Tonamel

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Updated the first post with the latest Minor League sessions sign-up (Friday the 18th and Sunday the 20th) and results. This past Sunday, we had our best turn-out with 8 players participating! Thanks and apologies as I have been playing catch-up on proper acknowledge of all players for both Minors and Open League.

Expansion of the Minor League - Single A and Double A
    Thanksgiving week I will not be hosting any sessions. Afterwards the plan is to have Minor League on Friday (~biweeky), December 2nd and Sunday (~weeky) December 4th. I will get one extra week to set things up in expanding the Minor League into a tiered invitation league system. Everything is a work in progress and can be changed. Suggestions and feedback from participants would be appreciated.

Single A
    For all the people participating so far. The current Minor League will be tentatively called Minor League Single A. Same prerequisites as before (lvl 1-29 or have participated in the league).​
    Double A
    Double A will open up the Minor League for players that are currently at level 30-35 (their highest character is at those ranks). In addition, the "Top Minor Leaguers'" have the option to participate in Double A (see next section).​
    Top Minor Leaguers
    Currently, the idea is that the top 25% of each Minor League session are given the "Top Minor Leaguer" status for their Tiered League. This gives those players the option to participate not only at their current League Level (for example Single A), but are also invited to participate at the next League Level (Double A).​
    Promotion
    Players that have shown enough success gains the "promoted" or "graduated" status. What this means is that they are not allowed to participate in the lower league level and is promoted to the next level. Currently, the plan is to have two ways a player gains the "promoted" status:
    1. Gaining Top Minor Leaguer status 4 times (or points). Each session, the top 25% of each Minor League session are given the "Top Minor Leaguer" status.
    2. Gaining Top Minor League status at both your current level and also in the next level up. So if you currently have the Top Minor Leaguer status in Single A and also get the Top Minor Leaguer status in Double A, you are immediately promoted to Double A. If this tiered league pans out, we will add the next level Triple A, Majors, etc.
    There are many different player levels in VF. I think in any competitive game, playing with people of similar level is the most fun. Players will develop at their own pace. The goal is that if we regularly hosts rooms/sessions, we will get more people to try the league out and if they like it, they will continue to participate when they are available.

Friday, December 2nd - Hosting Single A and Double A League.
    Sunday, December 4th - Hosting Single A and Open League

Top Single A Minor Leaguers:
    • CG_Sonicboom (LE) - 2 points
    • GTea (SH) - 2 points
    • Blurring (VA) - 1 point
    • SonicTHP (LI) - 1 point

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  9. SonicTHP

SonicTHP New Member

I still plan on participating!

akai likes this.
  10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Awesome, I got extra busy this week but will host Friday evening and hopefully update thread and what else on Friday.