1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense & Special Movement Training

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by BK__, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ok, this is thread about defensive technics, so I will ask here.

The question is - what all options I can use to defend myself on disadvantage about -10 and what benefits/disadvantages they have if used? I play Jeffry; let's say I use [3],[3]+[P] (VF4E), which leads to disadvantage -10 on block.

I know I can try throw escape evade - I risk failed evade or eating half- or fullcircle moves, but I can escape some throws. Or I can try 1 throw escape to guard. I will eat all throws except one, but I will block all high/mid attacks.

Are there any other options? How to decide which option is better in certain situations (I mean except I will "feel" or "know" what will be batter exactly this time) - are there any clues or some advices how to make a decision? Or can you gice me any other advices?

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    Unicorn said: Or I can try 1 throw escape to guard. I will eat all throws except one, but I will block all high/mid attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you can do 2 throw escapes and guard at -10. If you try more than 2, your last input will act as a throw attempt.

3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [ QUOTE ]
    Shag said:
    Actually, you can do 2 throw escapes and guard at -10. If you try more than 2, your last input will act as a throw attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Really? That's nice news for me, thank you... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW throw escapes to guard... At how many frames disadvantage you can do 1 to guard, at how many 2 to guard and so on? And is this option usefull or not?

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

sorry, but if ur at a situation where throw is guarenteed (i.e -10), then throw inputs are yout 1st priority because it's not nitaku. and movement or choice games cant really help u. just ETEG or DTEG. - sometimes just evade with P+G+K or block as normal if you think your opponent will attack you as a less turtle option.

at -10 you can only do 2 throw escapes. at a non-throw counterable situation, throw escape - guard doesnt input and becomes a throw attempt. it's rare that the frames alter from -10 or -6, so that's the target. sometimes there are perfect -8 situations, mabye only one throw input can be made here. it's a good technique because it stops opponent delaying attack.

if your -10 move had some more distance to it preferably with feet so it hits furthur away from body (i.e wolf's df+K) then a throw will whiff, if you get blocked from max distance. meaning you are completely safe and can avoid all options by ARE, ECD will avoid, but if you rise too late or too early you could end up eating a dash-in throw, depends on the opponent mabye.

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Unicorn said:
    BTW throw escapes to guard... At how many frames disadvantage you can do 1 to guard, at how many 2 to guard and so on? And is this option usefull or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
    There is actually something strange concerning this, that we didn't know in Ohio until last year.

Normally, you cannot do TEG at all after a non-throw counterable move without whiffing a throw (late) or missing the escape window (early).

But in the case of throws that can be techrolled, you can buffer 1 TE from a non-TC move. Example.

Jacky's 3PG (non-TRable) and 33PG (TRable) are both escaped with 3PG, right? Let's say your sidekick is blocked (-6) and you do single TEG, with [3]+[P]+[G]. You will escape [3][3]+[P]+[G], but not [3]+[P]+[G]. Same command, but TEs for non-techrollable throws cannot be buffered early without an evade, but TRable throws can. If you try to TEG against at non-TRable throw, you'll either get thrown, or you do it late enough that the TE would work but you'll get a whiff.

This is pretty cool since a lot of very powerful throws are TRable. Kage's TFT, Wolf's GS, KS, and Lariat, Jacky's 33PG, Pai's FC_6PG, Akira's 46PG and 16PG, etc.

6. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

hello

I am sorry I can not show you a good defence skill. if it has been saturdays one, I would have been able to show you , and I think Kazu has also much improved his VF after playing VF with me........ I hope /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

I am an offensive player after all.
    BK_
    why don't you come to the US!? I am waiting for you on the days!!!! please--- /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

rehost movies pls?

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

if anybody's got webspace to donate, ive still got the files~

would be good for a search refference~

9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    How large they are? I think it will be possible to put them at our czech VF page

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

defense training vids in total = 17.4mb

additional quest mode matches = 28.1mb

11. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ok, I think there will be no problem to host them... Can you send them to me through any way?

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

14. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Just to point out, another way to do multi-CD cancel is 1,1,G,1,G,1,G,1,G.....
    You can get 2 CD cancels with 1,1,G,1,G. And this works for both forward and backward CDs.

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

great work shang~!!

i will stick it in the first post of this thread /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif