1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense techniques in a large disadvantage

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Powerthash, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

Hi!

Are there any techniques for defense in a large disadvantage (-20 frames and more)? For example, I am doing Akira's 466P+K and my attack is being blocked by opponent's guard which takes me to unfavor situation around -25 frames. Since fuzzy guard/evade are impossible in a such huge disadvantage then what options do I have?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    -10 disadvantage = Your opponent has a guaranteed throw opportunity
    -11 disadvantage = Characters with 11f attacks get guaranteed damage
    -12 and above disadvantage = Guaranteed damage for the whole cast

At -25 disadvantage every character in the game can do their max punish launch combo. There is nothing you can do to escape it.

Furthermore, here is a good thread detailing the defensive techniques in this game. If you're new, some of this might be a bit complicated, but it's still good knowledge to have.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    Powerthash likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

If [4][6][6][P][+][K] is being blocked by your opponent alot, I suggest that you use that move less. Otherwise you'll be too easy to defeat.