1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense techs and tips

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by HighKing, May 12, 2002.

1. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I've been stuck on 1st Dan for 1 week now. Anyone have any tips on defending against the CPU? The Escape Crouch Dash is a little bit too confusing for me. I'm using Akira but any advice will help.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Virtua Fighter 4 makes me want to fly my joystick across the room.

Thread moved from JJ board.

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Block and throw.

4. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

Learn to dodge well. You can get to middle dans with just dodging and punishing.

5. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Never use rising attacks. Instead of them try to get up - d+P. It should connect as a Major Counter... And rember one KILLING RULE: CPU has serious problems with your charged moves (and those long ones, which stagger - like Van's K+G)

6. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Vanessa's Defensive Game

Vanessa has a very interesting Defensive game she can play:<ul type="square">[*]Guard/Block
    [*]Evade
    [*]Throw Escape
    [*]High Reversal
    [*]Mid Reversal
    [*]Inashi with a Hold in DS
    [*]G u|d+P
    [*]G uf|df+P
    [*]G ub|db+K
    [*]G ub|db+K, f+P+G on CH
    [*]u|d,P+K+G
    [*]b,f+K Sabaki vs. High and Mid-attacks in DS
    [*]b,df+P+K Sabaki vs. LP, LK in DS
    [*]d+P Sabaki vs. LP, LK, SW in MT
    [*]D+P Sabaki vs. LP, LK, SW in MT
    [/list]One of her strengths is in her defensive game. She has lots of options and some can be used to go immediately into true blue combos. If you like to turtle up or play counter-master, she's your gal...