1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Demul

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by SNAKE BOSS, Jan 22, 2014.

1. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I know there are some people out there that want to try vf4 final tuned and there is a way and that is on the Demul emulator. So if anyone knows how to set up Demul and configure it to work with vf4 final tuned then be kind to post here and share with everyone. Thanks.

2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Demul runs compatibility issues with System 32. You need to delete it before the emulator will work.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    IcKY99, nou and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  3. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Demul is a dreamcast emulator, right? VF4FT was never released on dreamcast. It was arcade only.

The only roms for the game I've seen have been on MAME.

4. SNAKE BOSS

I have seen it on demul, because demul can play dreamcast games and arcade games that have been made on naomi boards. The mame once did not work when I tried.

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    There was an old thread that I posted in which gives instructions. I haven't used it years though so...

It should still apply though. I don't think they've made any advancements with it since then.

6. SNAKE BOSS

Yea I have seen that thread but its not working for me.

7. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    So on a whim I went and downloaded Demul and I found a rom of VF4FT, and surprisingly I got it to work...

But...it runs incredibly slow...after doing some searching it isn't my machine, but the emulator itself. I'm not sure how to get it to run normal speed :(

On the plus side, it's incredibly easy to avoid throws and punish properly when the game runs at 50% normal speed :D

8. SNAKE BOSS

So how did you set it up? If you cant say it here then msg me in conversation or psn.

9. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    That depends on what specifically your question is. What problem are you running into during setup?

10. SNAKE BOSS

Well I don't know how to configure it, where do I get the video, sound, etc....

11. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    You're talking about all the plugins and what not?

Make sure you have atleast DirectX10 on your machines, though I think the newest Demul uses Dx11. Also, make sure you have the latest windows updates. Go download Demul 0.5.8.2 (I'm pretty sure I can't post links).

If you have all of that Demul should detect the right stuff. I literally downloaded it, and had all the plugins. The only thing I had to do was make sure to set the config file properly to find all the plugins and games.

12. SNAKE BOSS

where did you download them from?

13. SNAKE BOSS

I did not mean links, just the name of the emulator site.

14. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Pretty sure I can't put links, I'll PM you...

15. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    There are only two levels that run at fast speed. Sarah's stage and Kage's stage if I recall correctly. The rest run too slow. I think Shun's is probably the worst. What error do you get?

16. SNAKE BOSS

I have everything configured except the video plug in, its blank.

17. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Check your PM...

18. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Is there anyway to fix that? As I'd love to play this game at normal speed. :(

19. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    No ToyDingo. it's all up to the developers of the Emulator. You're better off playing someone online anyway. :D

20. SNAKE BOSS

Thanks for trying to help out in this, I appreciate it.