1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Descrepency in the ranking chart?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by GaijinPunch, Mar 26, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

On the three higher tiers of the ranking charts, it says that on the left side, that's your rank if your percentage is less than 78%, and adversly the right title if over 78%.

on VF.net as of today, Chibita (who's ranked #25 in the country, btw) is a Demon God, but has a 91% winning rate.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

it happened to me as well
    chibita dropped over to the 'lower win percentage' even though he's above the limit.

When i went over to Demon God, my win percent was 87%...but along the way..I won 20, lost 2...won 2..then title match..next thing i knew..I got bumped over to the lower win percentage category.

let me check my mook..I'll post n tell anyone that is interested what happened tonight~

think u can tell me what Kyasao n guerilla is ranked at?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    From my understanding, you can't jump across the branch. The entry criteria to each branch is determined by your current win ratio, and after that, you're stuck on that branch. This might explain what you're seeing with Chibita.

I remember someone saying that you can switch back and forth between the branches automatically as your win ratio goes above/below the 78% mark, but I don't think that's the case. Read the FAQ again, and it explains when you can and cannot cross over the branches.

4. GaijinPunch

Well, considering that everything above Ha-oh / Monarch is from Version C, and that Chibita has over 8000 wins, and losses somewhere in the 700's, I'd say it's very likely he was never under 78% w/ the new titles.

Kyasao is ranked 3... not sure about Guerilla... will check soon.

5. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

is it me or is getting over 80% win ratio very hard? i mean i win alot and i'm just at 70% maybe cause i had a bad exp in dan 1i lost alot

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's hard in real life, playing vf.net people in japan. It basically means that every time you step up to the machine you get at LEAST a four win streak, which is pretty good.

In kumite mode it's fairly easy to keep above 80%, my jeffry is 95% at hero/mini-emperor ranking.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Just a question, who is ranked above chibata???!!

8. ktj

ktj Member

The two forks in god ranks are not based on winning percentage, but are based on how you entered them.

The better fork (wind, thunder, dragon) can be entered by winning 10 matches in a row.

The lower fork can be entered by collecting 12 points. (like collecting 5 points for the dan).

9. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Read the ranking guide again closely /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    The conditions for getting into the "better" God ranks are different than the -jin / King branch:

"During Ironman or Devil King, you will again get to go off to 2 different branches. If you just collect +12 victory points, you will get Demon God. If you work hard and defeat 10 same ranked opponents consecutively, you will rise to to Wind God instead."

So in order to get to the "better" god ranks you must win 10 times in a row against Ironman / Devil King opponents. If you lose against someone and then end up getting 12 victory points (number of wins - number of losses) on that level, you go to the "lesser" god ranks.
    So if you really want to get into the branch that leads to "The Emperor", keep a close look on your winning points. If you lose, you will have to backtrack to go down to 2 victory points or less.

Example:
    You are Tetsujin (Iron Man). You win 9 times against other Tetsujins for a total of 9 VPs. But you lose the ranking match (life sucks, eh?) You are now back at 8 VPs. If you want to become Wind God, you will need to lose 7 times against Tetsujins, putting you donw to 1 VP. By the time you get a win streak of 10 against Tetsujins, you won't have 12 VPs, which would promote you to Demon God instead.

I haven't tested this myself, this is just what I read from the guide so... I don't know what happens if you get a winning streak of 10 while at the same time hitting 12 VPs, that's why I suggested losing 7 times instead of 6 in the above example.

If you become Demon God by accident, you will need to lose in order to go down to Ironman / Devil King again if you want to become "The Emperor".

10. GaijinPunch

There are quite a few people ahead of Chibita, but remember, this doesn't mean they're better players -- just have accumulated more points. There's no official criteria for getting points, but rumor has it it's based on consecutive wins, and nothing else.

There is the chance that Chibita had to delete his card and re register it. Sometimes when you run out of turns (500 per card) and move data to another, it doesn't copy everything. You have to delete it and add it again -- this makes you lose your feedback, and POSSIBLY, your record of consecutive wins. His was 43 w/ Lion, by the way.

Also to note, he only has cards registered to Kage & Vanessa as well . Kyasao has many more.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

He definitely had a card for Lau, at least back in December.