1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Did I make a mistake? Brad's low game.

Discussion in 'Brad' started by funkpanda, Jun 2, 2008.

1. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

I'll throw my two bits in and mention my favorite weapon for the low game - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

If people start getting in my face, I usually give them one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to back them up and get them at a disadvantage, and then throw out this move and see what happens. If they're getting out of control and trying to abare you after you hit them with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (or even guarding it), you'll knock them up for a float, and can then follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, or the preferable /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

This move seems to crush new players that are used to spamming /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif as a get out of jail free card, and this will make them think twice about trying to do that when they are at a disadvantage.

Tony is right though - most of the players are not "magic low game" characters. Half of the battle is understanding what you're likely to see up close and in your face from a variety of opponents, and then reacting accordingly. You can always start the first round out by making the decision that you will attempt to block everything low that they throw at you, and see where that leads you. You'll likely lose the round if you're not pushing back and trying to take the momentum, but you'll also gain a better understanding of how your opponent plays.

2. GetSelious

GetSelious Well-Known Member

Actually/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif that's a good high to low combo if the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hits I use that to make people crouch to stop their fuzzing then an old motto of mine "when it doubt mid it out!" me I just use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif not /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif cause it is too slow compared to pai's

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif isn't as good as Pai or Lau's but it has a few good things.
    It's kinda hard to hit check this move (at least for me) so I usually just commit myself to doing both /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif's or just one and go from there.
    When you do just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif opponents will be weary of the followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif unless they know for sure that you're going to stop with the first one. You're at disadvantage but you can gain it back if they pause before they act. Do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for slower players who wait too long for the followup, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for opponents who react faster and an evade for really good players who counterattack linear.

The second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can lead to good damage. You can take about a quarter of life from your opponent if you happen to delay the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and your opponent does a standing attack. The second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will CH and float and you can get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to connect on all characters.
    Another way that second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif CH is if they evade /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif towards Brad's front and try to attack of throw.

Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif by itself to condition opponents. Apply defensive or even offensive actions after a hit depending on your opponent's reaction to it. Then when he starts getting comfy and attacking hit him with the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for a float.

After they started blocking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif that last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can not be interrupted by any regular attack including /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and it's also half circular but when they start ducking you can also try /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif It will cause a stagger on block and you'll prob be able to get a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in there.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    From succesful low jab I try to hit check 6P.

5. GetSelious

GetSelious Well-Known Member

Hmm Tony that does explain the free hits I get when I miss/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gifwhen I don't follow up wit the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for slower players I believe that move staggers and sets up for a slip or kick.

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Yes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (6P) staggers crouching opponents and if learn to hit check it well, you can connect the followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif most of the time.
    You can read more about 6P here
    http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:brad:black_book_strategy

Using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (1K) followed by another 1K works as a mixup against opponents who refuse to block low and are too far to throw. The damage is small but it's good for mixing up and conditioning.